PV Catholic Wedding - in English???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JC0721

• Banned
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hola everybody,

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but I've done quite a bit of searching (on worktime, I might add) and just get a few bits of info here and there. We are in Michigan and are planning an intimate Catholic wedding in Mexico early 2010. I was looking at RM and am now researching PV. However, I seem to have more trouble getting a straight answer from PV WC's.

Do any of the PV Catholic churches conduct the wedding ceremony in English?
    The one WC who's replied so far says they dont' "think" any of the churches (Guadalupe, La Paz, etc.) would.

We both speak a little Spanish but I'm not sure if it's enough to carry us through a wedding. :o) I'd be happy to brush up before our trip (study, attend Spanish mass here in MI), but still......

I'd really appreciate your help and advice. <Sigh> a destination wedding is only "stress-free" if you're not Catholic, it seems!

Muchas gracias!

#2 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

I'm having a Catholic ceremony in PV. They only have one ceremony a day in English at the Church downtown (I don't know the Church name though, I apologize!). Anyway, my WC is doing everything - if you need a WC she is great - her website is The Dazzling Details and her name is Kristin

#3 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

If you haven't settled on a resort yet the Moon Palace has a "catholic wedding package" they offer - and I met Father Pierre and he speaks English and is very nice. We had our catholic wedding there - not with Father Pierre but we did meet him - it's worth checking into! Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site

#4 JC0721

• Banned
        • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

Isn't the Moon Palace in Cancun?

Thanks, but we're looking for information for Catholic weddings (in English) in Puerto Vallarta.

#5 JC0721

• Banned
          • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

I believe that church downtown is Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe - looks huge but beautiful!

#6 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

yes I think you are right. We are getting married on a Saturday and the only English mass time is 3:00 my WC says.

#7 jmiranda

• 697 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:46 PM

We are getting married at Maria Reina de la Paz in PV and when we went too speak with the father, he told us that the Mass can be in English or Spanish.

We are having it in Spanish, though.

Let me know if you need the contact info.

#8 JC0721

• Banned
                • 74 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hola jmiranda,

Yes, could you please provide me with the contact information for La Paz? I think I saw it posted somewhere here, but I can't seem to find it now. I did read that the priest there does definitely speak English and is a bit more flexible.

#9 jmiranda

• 697 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Here is the contact info. Let me know if there is anything else that you might need help with.

Iglesia Maria Reina de la Paz
                    Father Gonzalo Gutierrez
                    322 20 915 45

#10 hbr5515

• 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

I can understand how you are confused! I am scheduled to be getting married at Our Lady of the Guadalupe on June 6th at noon. However, I was told that only the 10 am mass was English- but my fiance and I are going to PV (yeah) this weekend and we will be talking to the priest to see if he would be willing to do a bilingual mass since my family speaks no Spanish. Noon is already too early for me! I can't imagine a 10 am service! But, I will let you know what I find out from them when we get back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users