Sign in to follow this  
acano1

Tell me what you think I should do

I don't think it sounds like you want to wear it anyway...I would try to sell it or even donate it.

You will be so much more excited about a new dress anyway!

Where are you in VA?

I personally would want a new dress, just because I think I would always remember that I bought the dress to wear at a wedding in which I was supposed to marry someone else.

I'd probably try to sell it on Ebay...or maybe do a trash the dress session in it. ...have you heard about trash the dress photo sessions?

You know, when I read this at work, for some reason I thought you were asking if we all thought it would be bad luck for you to wear the dress for your wedding now. I just re-read the post and realized that's not at all what you were saying.

I say sell it and use the money for your wedding. If you want to "turn the luck around" where the dress is concerned, I would think there's got to be some charity out there where you could donate the dress.... in fact, I keep thinking there's some charity out there that sells the donated dresses to raise money for breast cancer programs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
hmmm - personally I wouldn't wear a wedding dress I bought for a marriage to another man, even if the wedding didn't happen. That (to me) would be like Aaron giving me an engagement ring he bought for a previous girlfriend.
Ditto.. that's exactly what I think.

I would sell it. I don't think it is bad luck to wear it but if that thought is in your head it will turn itself into a bad luck charm from the energy surrounding it. Then if something goes wrong you'll say "it's the dress". Ditch it. It will be fun to pick a new dress for your new man :o)

I figured I would give you some perspective from a guy...... Get rid of it. There is no way I would want my fiance Karen to wear a dress that she had bought in preparation to marry another man, and I know she would never do that. Someone else gave the example of an engagement ring bought for another woman. I know Karen would not be happy with a ring that I bought for someone else either.

I say sell it and use the money towards a new dress or donate it.