I JUST got married at MDC on Saturday, (10/20) and it was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I promise to write a full review asap, but I just wanted to answer a few questions that I saw here.
1. We had a rehearsal dinner (actually it was a dinner for ALL guests) on the night before the wedding. It was held on the lawn in front of the Sports Bar and everyone just ordered off the menu. It was Awesome: Casual, yet everyone was together. They set it up with their own tables and chairs and there was no extra cost to us. We didn't bring any extra decorations for the dinner. Once you get to the MDC, you'll see that it really doesn't need anything much. The scenery is absolutely Spectacular and your guests will be Pleased!
2. I agree with a prior post regarding the Fire Dancer. I went to a wedding in Ocho Rios 2 years ago with a dancer, and people thought it was cool for about 5 minutes. We skipped that option and got the Steel Drum band for the cocktail hour. They were a huge hit and really set the occassion into an Island Vibe! Even though we missed most of the cocktail hour because we were taking photos, we could hear the music and it was Good!
3. For dinner, we had: Surf and Turf (steak and lobster tail), Oxtails and Escovitched Snapper. The surf and Turf counts as 2 options, so we paid an extra $10 per person. EVERY one of the options was amazing! The food was GREAT! In fact, I told them that the snapper may have been among the Best fish I've ever eaten in my life!
4. We had a DJ and did not get extra lighting. The lighting at Annie's was sufficient.
5. We had several guests stay at the RIU Negril. As their "fee" is really a Day pass, they got there early (around noon) and hung with us all day. The outside guests stayed on site until about 12: 30 or so, then left on a shuttle set up by the Riu. No one at MDC made a fuss or told them to go. When the music shut down, quite a few of us hung out at the Sports Bar, then several people came to our villa (with fully stocked bar) to keep the party going. MoonDance was Very accomodating!
During my process, I had a MILLION questions and couldn't seem to find enough info! So, I PROMISE to write a full and detailed review! Until then, please feel Free to ask me anything. But, my last piece of advice..... DON'T STRESS, DON'T WORRY, MDC is the PERFECT place for a wedding and it will be Gorgeous!