Photo

Tides Riviera Maya booked for honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 ACA Amy

ACA Amy
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:56 AM

That's where we're staying also! We are staying for a week at an AI, then head to the Tides from May 5-8. Ayita- when are you going to be there

#12 Ayita

Ayita
    • 861 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ACA Amy
      That's where we're staying also! We are staying for a week at an AI, then head to the Tides from May 5-8. Ayita- when are you going to be there
      May 5-12 !

#13 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

Kathy - are you guys doing a one-way flight from Puerto Vallarta to Riviera Maya, and then flying from RM to NYC? I found a pretty great deal on the Tides and I want to consider this but I don't know if it makes sense to leave Cabo to go to another place in Mexico, then come home. Know what I mean?

If you did book the flights - did you just book online or is there a way to get cheap flights within Mexico?

#14 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
        • 698 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

Great questions Heather! I'm trying to figure out the same thing. We are getting married in Nuevo Vallarta and then going to the Riviera Maya for our honeymoon, then fllying back home. We would love to know if there is a cheaper option for travel within Mexico.

#15 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

So far I've just been looking at Expedia and flights are just OK, but there are stop-overs and direct flights are expensive. There has to be a better option!

#16 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
            • Banned
            • 494 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

Heather I just emailed you. BTW I love your inspiration board I love TEc and Chelsea's wedding (the couple from Nashville) they are so cute.

Susan-

I booked on sidestep.com NYC-PVR then Cancun-NYC is was $400 which I thought was great, it was cheaper than a regular round trip to PVR.

Oh and btw I met a bride who has stayed at La Tortuga Hotel in Playa Del Carmen and loves it. The prices are great it is romantic and she really had nothing but great things to say.

Also the Royal all-inclusive on the water in PDC looks great too.

Susan we must keep in touch because if you do the Riviera for your honeymoon we will be there the same time. WE are staying at the Tides from May 24-May 31st. We have to meet up for a drink in Playa Del Carmen.

Cheers
              Kathy

#17 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yeah Tec and Chelsea's wedding was awesome!

Thanks for the email Kathy - I wrote you back :)

#18 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
                • 698 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by K&Rwedding
                  Heather I just emailed you. BTW I love your inspiration board I love TEc and Chelsea's wedding (the couple from Nashville) they are so cute.

Susan-

I booked on sidestep.com NYC-PVR then Cancun-NYC is was $400 which I thought was great, it was cheaper than a regular round trip to PVR.

Oh and btw I met a bride who has stayed at La Tortuga Hotel in Playa Del Carmen and loves it. The prices are great it is romantic and she really had nothing but great things to say.

Also the Royal all-inclusive on the water in PDC looks great too.

Susan we must keep in touch because if you do the Riviera for your honeymoon we will be there the same time. WE are staying at the Tides from May 24-May 31st. We have to meet up for a drink in Playa Del Carmen.

Cheers
                  Kathy
                  YES!!! We should def keep in touch and meet for drinks! We'll be in there from May 25th to June 2nd. I'm so looking forward to our honeymoon (and wedding of course) .

My FI is taking care of the honeymoon planning, so I'll be sure to let him to look into The Royal and La Tortuga. I think wants stay 5 nights at the Grand Velas and 4 nights at the Excellence Playa Mujeres... not sure yet thou.

BTW I found a ticket for $470. That's not too bad.... We are flying out of Los Angeles (LAX)...

Thank You!

#19 askelly15

askelly15
                  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

I travel quite extensively for my job and have been to this resort. It is quite relaxing and the entire hotel staff is very welcoming. How exciting. Enjoy!
                    Amanda

#20 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
                    • 347 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

That looks like my kind of relaxation...I'm sure it will be fun..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users