Personal Wedding Website URL - names only?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ssleenyc

• 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

I see a lot of wedding urls that have the /company or something like that. Does anyone know how you would get something where it is just the names of bride and groom? Like dating online matchmaker sites services at jackandjill.com

#2 Bridget810

• 168 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

We used Go Daddy to make our own website and it is just both our names dot com
      Ryan and Bridget's Wedding Website

#3 MarieSam

• VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:42 AM

Your wedsite provider usually provides the option to purchase your own personalized URL...so first check with them. That's what I ended up doing, and my wedsite is done through weddingwindow.com. Although I think you can also purchase your URL through companies like godaddy.com, which I believe is sometimes cheaper.

#4 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

yeah purchase your own url at godaddy.com and you can transfer it over if you want to any of those sites

#5 MAK

• 89 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

The wedding website (weddingwindow.com) I used to create our wedding website had the option of purchasing a personal URL for an extra like $10.

Mona y Dave - Our Wedding Website

#6 deefalvey

• 521 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

We used weddingtracker.com and I don't think it cost any extra to have brideandgroom.com without the company name - if you want to see, ours is Bill and Deanna - its still a work in progress
              Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#7 WindyCityGirl

• Banned
              • 179 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

Great information! I've been a little confused on the whole wedding website thing and plus I thought it would be fun to have the URL for our future life together after the wedding as well. I'm glad you can buy it and then transfer it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users