Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

Majestic Colonial June 29, 2010.
    http://tickers.Ticke....3087/event.png

#152 atossato

atossato
    • Banned
    • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

How long before the wedding day did you girls book the vacation packages? I have been trying to get quotes for November 2010 but TA's are coming back with very expensive group quotes Some resorts say that 3 months prior to the date is enough time to book and arrange everything. Has anyone waited till the very last minute?
      We just want whatever comes in the free wedding packages and hopefully we get a nice dinner at one of the restaurants with it...what are your thoughts?
      http://images.softvo...x96/73/3146.jpg

April 19, 2011

26 guests booked and counting!!

#153 Ginae618

Ginae618
      • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hi. I'm getting married in Punta Cana in May 2011. Right now are 3 top choices are Dreams Punta Cana, Paridisus Palma Real, and Majestic Eleganance. Anyone have any pros or cons about any of these? How was the service, food, flowers, space, dj, coordinator, hair, makeup? Any info will help. Thanks!!!

#154 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
        • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ginae618
          Hi. I'm getting married in Punta Cana in May 2011. Right now are 3 top choices are Dreams Punta Cana, Paridisus Palma Real, and Majestic Eleganance. Anyone have any pros or cons about any of these? How was the service, food, flowers, space, dj, coordinator, hair, makeup? Any info will help. Thanks!!!

Hi! I was married at Dreams Nov/08. Not everything turned out as planned, but this is to be expected. When it rained on our day, they had Plan B (indoors) ready and waiting. The food was good, the hair not so much. Flowers were acceptable, and we used our own ipod instead of a DJ. For the price, our guests were impressed. All in all, we had a great wedding - not perfect, but great. It's been a while since I've posted on here so I'm not sure if it's still readily accessible, but I posted a review of the hotel which goes into greater detail. There are plenty of other bride reviews also - check out the general section for first-hand commentary of the various options available to you in PC. It definitely helped me when I was trying to decide which hotel to choose. Good luck!!
          Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
          Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
          http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
          Leftover Wedding Items FS:
          http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#155 surprise4us

surprise4us
          • 119 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by atossato
            How long before the wedding day did you girls book the vacation packages? I have been trying to get quotes for November 2010 but TA's are coming back with very expensive group quotes Some resorts say that 3 months prior to the date is enough time to book and arrange everything. Has anyone waited till the very last minute?
            We just want whatever comes in the free wedding packages and hopefully we get a nice dinner at one of the restaurants with it...what are your thoughts?
            Hi there, we are planning a Dec 2010 wedding in PC and are finding the same thing, prices for groups are really high. I am not sure what to do at this point either, if anyone has advice please let us know.
            Also I really like the Jellyfish restaurant, and like that you can get married on the beach there and not have a lot of spectators. But I am having trouble finding hotels close to that restaurant

Any advice would be great. thanks

#156 KJ Shea

KJ Shea
            • 110 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

Hi,

We are getting married in Punta Cana in October or November. We should have a date secured this week. So exciting!!

Kimberly

#157 Oryx

Oryx
              • 727 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

Regarding the high quotes right now, I am in the same boat. I'm trying to plan for February 2011 and it's hard to narrow down my choices when all of the group estimates are coming back so high. Very frustrating!

#158 Eliana

Eliana
                • 676 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hi,
                  we are getting marry at Dreams Punta Cana, December 1st, 2010! Happy 2010 for all of you!

#159 paradisebk

paradisebk
                  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

The prices are usually cheap if you book around August. I went to visit my hotel last year and thetickes are really inexpensive in Nov.I had to reschedule my wedding date to Feb and it went up significantly! $400-600 dollars

#160 stephaniekeough

stephaniekeough
                    • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

Hi ladies

I am getting married at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana. Feb 4, 2010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users