Brides in Toronto area

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hey Ladies

I am just wondering where everyone went to get their paperwork noterized?? I need to get on this and dont know where to start!

Thanks

#2 christenew

christenew
    • 325 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

I took it to my lawyers office in Markham.

#3 amagee

amagee
      • 129 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

I live in Whibty, so I had to call around to several lawyers before I found one that would take the time to notarize my documents. I just went through the yellow pages.

#4 klopez

klopez
        • 176 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

i just went to my friend who happens to be a lawyer and notary (yay for me!)....i don't think all lawyers are notaries though so just a make sure before you go he's in markham.

#5 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
          • 302 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

I have to get on this too Jill!!! I havent done it yet either and havent found anyone..Is it only lawyers that can do it?

#6 Jill

Jill
            • 113 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

Amagee

Can you forward on the name of the Lawyer you found in Whitby.. I am in Whitby too so to make it easy maybe I will just call him!! Also what do I actually have to take to the laywer, just my birth certificate, Drivers license and passport and does he copy them and noterize.. I am sooo confused!!

#7 amagee

amagee
              • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

The lawyer I used is from Kingston, sorry about that, I had trouble finding one in Whitby that was willing to take the time to help me so I used one that my parents use for their business. But really just look in the Whitby yellow pages and they will say if they are a Notary in the Ad. You shouldn't have to copy them, I believe that in order for it to be official the lawyer has to copy them for you. In whitby the price seemed to be about $50 per document, which is ridiculous!!!

#8 amagee

amagee
                • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

You have some time so I would definately shop around and try to get a good price!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users