I just back back this past Saturday from having our wedding at the ELEGANCE on Wednesday July 29. It was such a great time and we loved it! We were in the upgraded Adults Only section and it was completely worth it! Our butler Angel was the BEST! Maritee was our coordinator and she was great.
We had a beach ceremony and Angel and other resort employees stopped people from walking by on the beach. There were a lot of people who stopped and watched! I think it was best to use a CD for music, I brought a CD and my ipod just in case. I'm not sure if is one beach location for the majestic and for the colonial, but the one we had didn't look AS good as the colonial's. They do provide you with a microphone and a sound system on the beach since it is really hard to hear with the waves.
We were told that we could have 50 people in the Steakhouse but then later we were told that was too many so we ended up getting the rented conference room for free! We had dancing in their as well b/c we just rented a sound system and used our ipods. Ended up being a great idea! It was hot even though there was AC. Then on Wednesday nights (I'm assuming every week is the same) they had a beach party for both resorts that we went to, and then headed to the disco. So we didn't go to sleep until 3am! too much fun!
There are definitely things you have to think about that I didn't realize.
1. Communication is really hard! No one's phones worked and it is sort of a big resort so there as a lot of walking to find people.
2. Luckily Maritee our wedding coordinator carries around her cellphone with her so we could get in touch with her if we called the front desk.
3. Time was hard to keep track of. We would try to meet up places for events we planned like a game night and it was hard to spread the word sometimes! we did have about 50 guests though.
4. Flowers you pick from a book so you really can't be picky about what you want. They are kinda not worth it, at least to me they weren't. 6 bridesmaids and mine came out to be $400!! luckily we used them as centerpieces too.
5. Any decorations or extra touches you want, you have to bring them with you!! We made gift bags for everyone and it was a lot to bring down. We gave our guests a newsletter I wrote up (sorta all the info that would be in a program for the ceremony, schedule of events, about the resort, stuff like that) aloe, immoduim, pepto, wet wipes (everyone LOVED them), chocolates, sun screen, gum, purell... stuff like that. I also made menus and place cards for the reception.
So ask my any questions you'd like I'm sure i'm forgetting a lot to mention! I am a graphic designer so I did all of the additions myself, so if you'd like to see let me know. It's hard to post a lot of pics on here. Or if you'd like to render my services i'd be glad to!
email me if you'd like pictures!! I'll try to put some on here. firstname.lastname@example.org