Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#1291 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hi! Congrats! so I was thinking of not doing too much decorating I am getting married at the Gazebo, steakhouse for dinner and wet bar reception. do you think the scenery is decor enough? I plan on doing very little maybe a runner on the dinner table a some pretty table cloths with candles for the reception. 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 

We did it all, we had a welcome dinner at the Japanse restaurant, all we did was go to guest services bright and early and reserved the table. We just got married there last week, any questions feel free to ask.

#1292 Bride2012

Bride2012
    • Banned
    • 442 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

I bought Poms off etsy and chair sashes from Ebay....our WC didnt charge us to set it up and it was amazing! We are minimalist and the decor is enough.  I am not sure what your budget is, but I would HIGHLY reccomend having your reception at La Barcaza, we did and our guests LOVED the break from the resort food and the cost was far less than doing it at the resort.

Steakhouse is the best option, it was the only restaurant my guests liked, make sure you talk to the WC, our guests loved the Cowboy Ribeye, but it wasnt part of the wedding dinner package...they made a few exceptions for us, but said it was something we should have asked the WC.

#1293 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
      • 64 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

I thought about La Barcaza but I want people to have the option to go back to their rooms and we have some toddlers coming. I will still keep it in mind and talk to the fiance about it since I really liked the idea.

I bought Poms off etsy and chair sashes from Ebay....our WC didnt charge us to set it up and it was amazing! We are minimalist and the decor is enough.  I am not sure what your budget is, but I would HIGHLY reccomend having your reception at La Barcaza, we did and our guests LOVED the break from the resort food and the cost was far less than doing it at the resort.

Steakhouse is the best option, it was the only restaurant my guests liked, make sure you talk to the WC, our guests loved the Cowboy Ribeye, but it wasnt part of the wedding dinner package...they made a few exceptions for us, but said it was something we should have asked the WC.

#1294 Bride2012

Bride2012
        • Banned
        • 442 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

It honestly went by so fast, my 5 year old loved it as well as the other 2 kids that came along. Everyone who went said it was the best part of the whole week, you wont be disappointed

Originally Posted by DominicanLeila 

I thought about La Barcaza but I want people to have the option to go back to their rooms and we have some toddlers coming. I will still keep it in mind and talk to the fiance about it since I really liked the idea.

#1295 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
          • 64 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Ok Im def going to talk to the future hubby = ). What package did you do on the boat? and so you skipped the dinner at the resort? or did you do steakhouse dinner and then the boat?

It honestly went by so fast, my 5 year old loved it as well as the other 2 kids that came along. Everyone who went said it was the best part of the whole week, you wont be disappointed

#1296 Bride2012

Bride2012
            • Banned
            • 442 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Our wedding was at 11am, the buses picked us up at 1am, we got back to the resort around 5pm, our guests rested then we went to the steakhouse for dinner, since it was included.  The WC will also allow you to do the dinner on another day other than the wedding day, its your choice.

#1297 Bride2012

Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

We did the mixed grill and the open international bar.

#1298 li282

li282
                • 42 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Thank you! We have over 70 people already, so I don't think we can make a reservation that morning :) we would need some kind of semi-private area...I have an email out to the WC, so we will see what she says. I was wondering if anyone did something like this and how much they paid, or, does anyone have any suggestions for some type of unique excursion or something we can do in lieu of a traditional welcome dinner?

#1299 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
                  • 64 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

You can do your welcome dinner on the boat  la barazca punt cana ( I think I misspelled it) but people really like it they have a website.

Originally Posted by li282 

Thank you! We have over 70 people already, so I don't think we can make a reservation that morning :) we would need some kind of semi-private area...I have an email out to the WC, so we will see what she says. I was wondering if anyone did something like this and how much they paid, or, does anyone have any suggestions for some type of unique excursion or something we can do in lieu of a traditional welcome dinner?

#1300 kiwigirl

kiwigirl
                    • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello brides!! and maybe grooms!!

We are booked for October 2012.  Any other brides?? Another really useful site is the Majestic Colonial brides on facebook!! they have answered a lot of questions that have been unclear. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users