lscilley

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

I only saw the Colonial thread, thought Elegance is still here LOL

Maybe we should open new one for Elegance as well...or rename the updated thread, so both Resorts are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRebel View Post
Ladies, i'm currently trying to work out details for the reception after the wedding.
I don't want to spend more then I have to and was thinking about a regular restaurant at the Elegance Resort because of that.
But then, thinking that I will probably have less then 20 guests coming with us, what could be the next best choice price-wise to have a private reception? Since we are Russians, drinking will be involved, I did want to have a reception somewhere closer to the bar, so I wouldn't have to pay fro drinks in All Inclusive Resort...or am I being too naive now and we will end up paying a lot of $$$ for the private reception?

I will be reading this thread more and hopefully will find mor einfo, but if you can share any information on what you are doing I will appreciate it.
Thanks! :)
If you have a group less than 20 people you can't book a private reception with the resort. Have you thought about the boat or jellyfish. Many brides who have less than 20 people have booked them. Otherwise you can do the free meal and go to one of the bars but it's not private.

I spoke with one of the bride who used the Jellyfish rest. ....she LOVED it! She found it much much cheaper than the resort..all the EXTRAS were included in the Jellyfish package...

I would consider it but our group is 60+ so little too big....

Quick question to the future brides and brides who already have been married at the Colonial.

I am waiting for my date of May 14, 2011, but I am waiting for confirmation from the judge. This is NERVE WRACKING!

How many of you got near/and or the date you wanted for your wedding?

Me and my fiance truly want a LEGAL ceremony, we do not want to do the marriage here and a symbolic wedding over there. I know this is silly, but everyone keeps pushing for the symbolic :-( It makes me so nervous.

Anyone have a good story about a legal ceremony?

Hi there!

Been a while since I've been on here. I'm realizing that there is nobody getting married in September (as of right now). haha! ::sigh:: And I would like to share photographer Michael Steingard. Little worried I won't be able to to share and the price will be a drastic change.

Happy Planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMalandro2B View Post
Hi there!

Been a while since I've been on here. I'm realizing that there is nobody getting married in September (as of right now). haha! ::sigh:: And I would like to share photographer Michael Steingard. Little worried I won't be able to to share and the price will be a drastic change.

Happy Planning!
Have you joined the Majestic Colonial Brides Facebook Page?

I'm getting married at majestic Colonial In Sept 2010. My plans so far are to have the beach cermony, dinner at the steakhouse, and then a private party at the Wet bar or Parrot bar. I was thinking about the flowers and centerpieces...since it's so hard to get in contact with Sandra, how do choose what you want? Do you wait until you're already down there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by theend903 View Post
I'm getting married at majestic Colonial In Sept 2010. My plans so far are to have the beach cermony, dinner at the steakhouse, and then a private party at the Wet bar or Parrot bar. I was thinking about the flowers and centerpieces...since it's so hard to get in contact with Sandra, how do choose what you want? Do you wait until you're already down there??
I haven't had too much trouble in contacting Sandra... she usually gets back to me in a couple of days by e-mail. I've also heard of some brides just choosing everything once they get there. Have you seen the photos they have posted on picasa? Picasa Web Albums - Weddingbymajestic...
That might give you an idea of what you might want... I've also heard of brides bringing pictures of things they want, or bringing their own centerpieces and decorations down.

Not sure about the DJ, so I would e-mail Sandra. I've booked DJ Mannia.

Good luck!