Excellence Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#341 Sheen811

Sheen811
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hello Ladies
    Are any of you planning any welcome parties for your guests? If so, what is everyone doing? I am asking Ramon if we can do a private Bon Fire on the beach. Does anyone know if this is possible? I want to do something different then just a dinner inside one of the restaurants.

#342 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
    • 95 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

I'm not sure that Excellence does a bonfire. However, I know that Dreams Riviera Cancun does it and they're just next door so I suppose it's possible.

#343 endlesslove

endlesslove
      • 362 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

We had a welcome dinner with six people in Toscana, the food was great and Ramon handled everything beforehand for us.

As for a bon fire, I didn't see anything similar on the beach. They wouldn't allow sky lanterns, so I don't think they would let someone do a bon fire.

#344 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
        • 49 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:03 AM

I thought it would be cool to have a welcome dinner in one of the tempanyaki roooms at Spice. I am not sure how many people can fit in one room though.

#345 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
          • 95 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

I agree. If I had about 10 people or so at the Welcome Dinner that could fit in one of the rooms then I'd have it there.

#346 Sheen811

Sheen811
            • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

I was just advised that i can have fire pits on the beach and have appetizers and cocktails served. I'm just waiting on them to get back to me with pricing if i need to pay extra for this. Let me know if anyone else is interested and i'll share the info once received.

#347 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
              • 95 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sheen811
                I was just advised that i can have fire pits on the beach and have appetizers and cocktails served. I'm just waiting on them to get back to me with pricing if i need to pay extra for this. Let me know if anyone else is interested and i'll share the info once received.
                Yes please. Sounds great.

#348 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
                • 95 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dimenzi
                  Yes please. Sounds great.
                  This seems very original for a wedding. Fantastic idea!!

#349 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
                  • 95 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

Has anyone read one of the latest reviews on Trip advisor? It's not very positive (at all) about Ramon. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. However, he's been very slow in replying to emails lately. I emailed our birth certificates and apostilles to him a few weeks a go and I have not heard back form him yet. We want him to confirm that everything is fine with them as we don't want to turn up in Mexico and find out that we can't get married. We still have plenty of time, it's just that we just want to have these things sorted now so one less thing to worry about (not that we're too worried though).

#350 kn1020

kn1020
                    • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to jump in here, this website has been so helpful! My fiance and I are in the process of booking our wedding at the Excellence Riveria Maya for May 20th 2011!! We should have a group of 10-15 and are very excited, I love reading what you guys have to say!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users