Sign in to follow this  
britsytoll

Iberostar Tucan Bride - 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by britsytoll View Post
Hi Aimee, I just read another post where you booked your date. i think I am going for the weekend after you! Have you decided on your reception location and such?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
we are planning on having all of our wedding events on the resort grounds (except maybe our TTD... but that won't involve coordinating any guests). we have not confirmed what restaurant we'll go to yet- we are deciding between the 2 open air ones. the steakhouse & the carribbean (i think). we're hoping to have 50+ guests so that we can rent the restaurant for the night from 630-1030 & then figure out a way to do a little dancing / cake cutting after dinner. after 1030 we figure we can let the resort throw the rest of the party- and people can just go out on their own.

other than that the only other thing we know for sure is that we'll host a cocktail hour immediately after the ceremony so people can stay together & entertained while we take some pro pics.

if you are planning the weekend after us, then maybe we'll see you there!! :)

Hi! I am also new to this site and planning an Iberostar Tucan wedding in 2009. I have heard great things about the Tucan and their weddings. I am a little nervous about the price. They charge $18 a person over 8 people. I plan on having 50 people, so that can add up. How many people are you planning on coming?

Hey girls!

Sorry I am bad at posting everyday... along with planning a wedding I am getting my MBA part time after work!!!! Busy busy...

Anyways.. our wedding is November 14, 2009. Email Mayra to see if the 28th is still open if you are deciding about it.

We were planning on about 60 people... but now more people have started to say they might come!!! So who knows how many we will end up with!

If anyone wants to see some pics we took of the Tucan.. I can email them a link to our shutterfly, just send me a note at jmeyer6780@gmail.com

I ordered the save the dates the other day!! and they look great I can't wait to get them in the mail.

Talk to you all soon-- Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithers81 View Post
Hi! I am also new to this site and planning an Iberostar Tucan wedding in 2009. I have heard great things about the Tucan and their weddings. I am a little nervous about the price. They charge $18 a person over 8 people. I plan on having 50 people, so that can add up. How many people are you planning on coming?
we mailed about 110 save-the-dates, and we are hoping for about 50 people to actually show up. (about 25% of people actually invited when you include family... what a small number!!) but that $$/person adds up so quickly. and on top of that you have to pay additional fees to rent any private spaces you want (cocktail hour, dinner, reception, disco).

i was reading all the material from the tucan wc, and i guess the per person money goes toward champagne & cake. i feel like i must be missing something, lol, for that much money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeeyonke View Post
we mailed about 110 save-the-dates, and we are hoping for about 50 people to actually show up. (about 25% of people actually invited when you include family... what a small number!!) but that $$/person adds up so quickly. and on top of that you have to pay additional fees to rent any private spaces you want (cocktail hour, dinner, reception, disco).

i was reading all the material from the tucan wc, and i guess the per person money goes toward champagne & cake. i feel like i must be missing something, lol, for that much money!
When did you send your save the dates? I am trying to figure out what the best plan is for STD and invites. I want to give people as much notice but don't want them to "forget".

Quote:
Originally Posted by britsytoll View Post
When did you send your save the dates? I am trying to figure out what the best plan is for STD and invites. I want to give people as much notice but don't want them to "forget".
we mailed them out in June of 2008. So about 1.5 years before the big event. it might have been too early, but i wanted to give our guests enough time to start saving money. at that point, we didn't even have our date confirmed yet- so the std's were pretty general. we did include our website information and hopefully people are checking in every once in a while (yeah right...) :)

but we're planning to mail an update postcard to everyone as soon as prices come out, so around march/april of this year. and then formal invitations with rsvps will go out sometime later in the year. i'm having a hard time deciding when to mail them, and when to ask for rsvps to come back. i hope ppl will just start booking their vacations as soon as prices are available- but it's so hard to guess what 50+ people are going to do.

our wedding is exactly 1 year from TODAY! time to get serious about planning! lol