Photo

Shipping to Cabo

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

I heard from a linen rental place here that shipping items to Mexico from US is unreliable. They had problems with customs and it is only linen. The package got held up for weeks in customs! So we are bringing everything and asking family to help us.

#32 dmj916

dmj916
    • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

Sorry for the delay....I have been so busy. We leave Wednesday Morning. All 7 of my boxes arrived at Dreams and are in Mariana's office. Yes ladies, 7 boxes. My packages cleared customs, taxes were paid, and delivery was made. It cost around $290. But it was well worth it. Everything arrived in one piece, glass vases and all. I saved tons of money by sending my own things and I am able to add my own personal touches from home to our wedding.
      Jamie and Darius
      August 25th, 2007

#33 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
      • 714 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for this information. Did you choose DHL or UPS?

Jessica

#34 dmj916

dmj916
        • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

I used FedEx. It is a very detailed process. I suggest calling Fedex directly and having one of the reps walk you through the process. I setup an account online and it was really easy to prepare the shipment with one of the reps on the line. I lableled each box and made sure that I prepared all the paperwork to the T.
          Jamie and Darius
          August 25th, 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users