Photo

Tipping Wedding Coordinator

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Duchess

Duchess
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

Can anyone who got married at Las Caletas weigh in? I posted this question on the other thread, but didnt get a response.

Thanks!

#12 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

We did not.

We had one WC for planning and for our meeting once at the resort - but the day of the wedding it was a different WC altogether.

We did leave small gifts for our WC's and our butlers, but that was it.

Oh, and I gave our WC at the reception our CD's with our music on them (she loved that I gave those to her - not sure if she liked them for herself or to help with music selections for future brides though). We also gave her the parasols we used for pics (in perfect condition) and 2 suitcases that we didn't want to take back with us. I'm hoping those things were useful for the resort to use for future weddings, but who knows. She gladly took all of it.

But monetarily, we did not tip anything additional to the WC.

#13 Opice34

Opice34
      • 414 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

Well, the day after my wedding, I was on an emotional high and I'm sure I ended up over-tipping the WC. But, I really think she deserved it. We ended up giving 5% of the total bill. But honestly, she had been so wonderful from the first day we met. We worked with her for a year, had two site visits, and throughout the entire process, we always had excellent communication from her. She did such a fantastic job and I spent the day before the wedding lounging in the pool and I think the only reason I relaxed is because I trusted her so much. She really was great. And honestly, if we had to hire a wedding coordinator in the States to do everything she did, it would have been about $4,000 or something, so I still think we got off cheap!

In my mind, I wasn't tipping her for that one night, I was tipping her for the entire YEAR's worth of work she had done for us. I mean - A WHOLE YEAR! And I know she works crazy hours and gives up her weekends and responds to emails at 1am.

So, I totally think she deserved it, but had I waited a week, I may have cut the tip down a bit. I was on a crazy high!

We gave the head waiter $60. Service was impeccable, but I know he got part of the already included 15% and he only worked with us for a few hours. That's how I justify the vast difference in the head waiter and WC tip amounts.

#14 Carlota1981

Carlota1981
        • Banned
        • 270 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
        • LocationBeach gazebo

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I am from Spain so we do not tip anybody in general. But I know that in Mexico is typical. When I was there on vacation in 2009, we finally tipped a lot as in our resort (Grand Palladium) we receive a wonderful tratement.

My WC is awesome. She is sooo nice and she is always giving me good ideas when I asked her to the possibility to do different things (to serve the appetizers for example). So we do not still know how much we are going to tip her but I think between 100-150 usd. 

I calculate the normal salary of a Mexican person working in the Riviera Maya (that normally is between 60 and 100 usd per week).

#15 Carlota1981

Carlota1981
        • Banned
        • 270 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
        • LocationBeach gazebo

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I am from Spain so we do not tip anybody in general. But I know that in Mexico is typical. When I was there on vacation in 2009, we finally tipped a lot as in our resort (Grand Palladium) we receive a wonderful tratement.

My WC is awesome. She is sooo nice and she is always giving me good ideas when I asked her to the possibility to do different things (to serve the appetizers for example). So we do not still know how much we are going to tip her but I think between 100-150 usd. 

I calculate the normal salary of a Mexican person working in the Riviera Maya (that normally is between 60 and 100 usd per week).

#16 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
        • 186 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

For our resort we will technically have 2 wedding coordinators.  One I deal with now through emails.  She is not the one that will be there for the wedding.  Do I tip both?  Or just the on site coordinator?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users