Riu Brides...bringing own music...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Hey ladies!

Does anyone have any idea how many songs I should have on CD for during the ceremony? And when, specifially, do they play the music? Do I need one song for walking down the aisle, one for in the middle or for during the sand ceremony, one at the end of ceremony etc? Or do they just play the CD continuously through the entire ceremony?

Thanks for any info!

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by pearlygirl
      Hey ladies!

Does anyone have any idea how many songs I should have on CD for during the ceremony? And when, specifially, do they play the music? Do I need one song for walking down the aisle, one for in the middle or for during the sand ceremony, one at the end of ceremony etc? Or do they just play the CD continuously through the entire ceremony?

Thanks for any info!
      If you want, you could have a few songs to play as the guests are being seated, just for entertainment, then you could have the song that you're walking down the aisle to and then 1 for the end of the ceremony.

I really only had 3 songs. 1 that DH used for himself as he walked to the altar & the guests sat, then a song that played as my MOH, FG & I walked. And then a song for the end of the ceremony.
      The sand ceremony is really after your vows & still in the middle of your actual ceremony. A friend did our reading so we didn't have music playing during that, but if you wanted to you could but it may be hard to hear over.

The WC will cue the music when its time for your bridal party & you to walk. If there's any other music to be played, you'll have to tell her when you want it played.

My one suggestion would be, if you are going to have a few songs playing as the guests are being seated & before you walk down the aisle, put the song that you're walking to on a separate disc so that there is NO confusion!!! Also label each disc accordingly...bridal party music, bride's music, etc. I've read in more than 1 review where the WC got the music wrong.

#3 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
      • 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

Justustwo....

Thanks for the info! It really helped. I think I'll put the song(s) for the begginning/seating part on 1 disc, my song on 1 disc, and the end of ceremony song(s) on another so there is no confusion.

Another question for you, or anyone else.....what sort of music did you use? I'd really like to use some Roots Reggae/Bob Marley style stuff. Just wondering if anyone found any good reggae "love" songs, and just curious to know what sort of music other Jamaica brides use(d).

Thanks again!

#4 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
        • 584 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

I had a CD with a total of 17 songs on it. There were 7 "wedding" songs. I didn't have any guests so no music played until my BM & MOH walked down the aisle.

We continued with 6 more songs that played during the ceremony but not as loud. The timing couldn't have been perfect because as soon as the last "wedding" song played it went into the Steel Drum Band songs we had. There were 10 songs that played during champagne, pics etc.

You can definetly do 2 separate cd's but there would be silence in between changing.

#5 chicklet

chicklet
          • 718 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pearlygirl
            Hey ladies!

Thanks for any info!
            I am doing a mixed cd with beachy music for before and after the wedding. A separate cd with about 4 (one for MOH, one for me, one for signing of license and one for walkin back down aisle after married) songs for the wedding.

#6 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

I'll have some tunes playing while guests are hanging out waiting for the ceremony to begin. Then a song for my MOH & I to walk down to. Then one for register signing & one for recession. We'll also be doing our first dance immediately after the ceremony at the base of the gazebo.

#7 chicklet

chicklet
              • 718 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

r u using beachy music or just everyday stuff?? I need ideas!! *lol*

#8 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

I'm not sure! I haven't really thought much about the "extra" music yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do though! (or you can let me know when you pick yours!! lol)

#9 christenew

christenew
                  • 325 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

Suggustions. My song is all my life by kci and jojo but it is all instrumental and I need a song for my MOH which will go well with it. I was thinking Al Green?

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

I'm not sure how much timing I'll need. I'm hoping just one song will do it for both of us - but I guess I should prepare for two!! My song is going to be Alison Kraus - When you say nothing at all for when I walk down. I was thinking have my FSIL's husband play guitar & have my uncle & friend sing it, but with the wind out on the point the acoustic probably will not carry well. So I think I'm just going back to the CD. Oh...here...this is my list (short right now!)
                      Steady as we Go – Dave Matthews Band (our first dance)
                      Is this love? – Bob Marley (entrance song)?
                      When you say nothing at all – Alison Kraus (entrance)
                      Goin up – Great Big Sea (exit song)?
                      Signed, Sealed Delivered - (signing register)
                      Crush – DMB
                      We are man & wife – Michelle Featherstone (signing register) **This is an awesome song...Michelle Featherstone - We Are Man And Wife lyrics

And here is a list of songs I stole from someone here...I haven't really sorted through them...
                      How Sweet It Is
                      "Crazy Little Thing Called Love
                      Wouldn’t it be nice
                      Dance With Me - YouTube - Canon in D- New Wedding Music/ Wedding Song (Celtic mix)
                      Canon in D - YouTube - Canon in D- New Wedding Music/ Wedding Song (Celtic mix)
                      This I promise you - Ronan Keating
                      Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones
                      Love you til the end - the pogues
                      The Chapel Bell Set – The Navigators
                      Goapele - Butterfly kisses
                      Gipsy Kings - Un Amor
                      311 - Love song
                      Robin Thicke - Lost Without U (our 1st dance song)
                      Bob Marley W/Lauryn Hill - Turn Your Lights Down Low
                      Bob Marley - Satisfy My Soul
                      Steel Pulse - Your House
                      Teena Marie - The Air I Breathe (walked down the aisle to this)
                      Teena Marie - You Make Love Like Springtime
                      Teena Marie - Now That I Have You
                      Eagles - Love Will Keep Us Alive
                      Sade - Sweetest Taboo
                      Sade - Kiss of Life
                      Lauren Wood - Fallen
                      Corrine Bailey Rae - Like A Star
                      Frankie Beverly & Maze - Golden Time of Day (played when we kissed/walked out)
                      Huey Lewis & the News - Happy To Be Stuck With You(kind of cheesy but it can work for the right couple)
                      UB40 - (I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You
                      Big Mountain - Baby I Love Your Way
                      Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
                      Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
                      Lovers Rock - Sade
                      By Your Side - Sade
                      Waste - Phish (not your traditional Phish song - very sweet)
                      Precious Hands - The Big Wu (beachy jam band)
                      The Luckiest - Ben Folds (My sisters 1st dance song)
                      Helplessly Hoping - Crosby, Stills, & Nash (my ALL TIME FAVE)
                      I'll Back You Up - Dave Matthews Band
                      Gold to Me - Ben Harper
                      Not Fire, Not Ice - Ben Harper
                      Jack Johnson – Better Together

Sorry for the hijack!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users