Photo

When to mail dw invites?!?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rabutler816

rabutler816
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Hi. I am just wondering exactly WHEN do i mail the invites for my destination wedding. I already sent the save the dates but only 6 people bbooked?! It is not until August so I have time but when do I send the actual invites??

ALSOOOO....

This may be a dub question, but.. I can only invite women to my shower that I invited to the wedding right? Anything else will be distasteful?

Thanks for everyones help in advance....
    MRS. BUTLER

DREAMS ROCKS!!!

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:29 AM

There are a number of other threads on this if you search. Our wedding is in Feb and we sent out invites out the first week of Nov. I agree only women invited to the wedding should be invited to the shower.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 Mark Davidson

Mark Davidson
      • 46 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

I think the most brides mail the invites out about 4-6 month before the wedding.

#4 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

We are getting married in May and we sent ours out mid-November, with an RSVP by Feb. 1st...

We sent out STDs around April of this year and we only had family book so this is the final reminder...

#5 Angela139

Angela139
          • 455 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

We are getting married next October, and intend to send out our invites in January! I know it's a bit early, but people aren't really taking the whole thing seriously in spite of having received an save-the-date email. And I want to get started on the OOT bags, and need at least some idea of how many people will be joining us. Sooo... I made my own rule - I can send them whenever I want! lol

I agree on the shower issue - I think it comes across as a bit "gift-grabby" to invite someone to a shower who is not also invited to the actual event.

Happy planning! :)

#6 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
            • 315 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:22 AM

thanks for starting this thread!

#7 rabutler816

rabutler816
              • 43 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

Cool! Thanks Everyone! All this info was extremely Helpful. My wedding is in August. I think I will send in April with RSVP Date by June 1st?

And definitely only women who I invited to the wedding for the shower. :)
                MRS. BUTLER

DREAMS ROCKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users