Photo

question about a photographer

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ohiobride15

ohiobride15
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:23 AM

I was just wondering if anyone has used this photographer or knows anyone who has. His work looks good and it is affordable. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks ladies.

Octavio Montes

Cancun Wedding Photographer Riviera Maya

#2 rach220

rach220
    • 532 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:27 AM

I agree...very affordable and nice pics! I'd like to know if anyone has used him too...

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#3 ohiobride15

ohiobride15
      • 156 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:45 AM

I called and talked to the resort. They said we would only have to pay the $80 guest pass for each photographer. So that wouldnt be bad at all.

#4 KorynnS

KorynnS
        • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hi ladies --

I recently got married, Nov 8, 2008, at the Catalonia Royal Tulum near Playa del Carmen in Mexico. Octavio was our wedding photographer and I cant say enough good things about him!

Octavio was very communicative and answered all my questions ahead of time. He was on time and ready to go taking pictures before the wedding started and getting some great shots throughout the ceremony without being intrusive. His photojournalistic style and point of view makes his pictures interesting and memorable.

On top of his great photography, he is also easy to work with and has a great personality. Octavio gave us great direction, made us laugh, and delivered fantastic photos.

Feel free to send me a personal message and I'll be happy to share some photos taken by Octavio at our wedding.

Congrats to you both!

Best,

Korynn

#5 ohiobride15

ohiobride15
          • 156 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

Thank you so much. I sent you a pm.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

I'd ask what the resolution is for the pictures on the CD. they might be something you can only view on your computer or they might be files you can make prints from.

also, are there multiple photographers? some of the wording makes me think it's not just the one guy. you'd want to know who you are getting & see their work.

and ask if you can see an entire wedding, not just the selected ones on the site.

#7 KorynnS

KorynnS
              • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

The pictures on CD are very high resolution, I just checked a random one and it was 3888x2592. We sent ours to Walgreens for some reprints and they all came out great.

There was just one photographer, Octavio.

If you want to check out some pictures from our wedding, we have some of Octavio's up here : Wedding Day (photos by Octavio Montes) 11.8.08 - a set on Flickr

All the best,

Korynn

#8 thewendyj

thewendyj
                • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

Hi
                  We also have Octavio for our photographer and I agree with everything the previous poster said. We were married on October 30 at the Sandos Playacar Riviera Resort by Playa del Carmen. Octavio was very easy to work with and was always concerned we were getting the pictures we wanted. We were extremely happy with the pictures and everyone has commented on what great photos we had. The files are the CD are high res. I definitely recommend him.

If you would to see the photos from our wedding just PM me.

Best wishes for your upcoming weddings.
                  Wendy

#9 ohiobride15

ohiobride15
                  • 156 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

I sent you a pm. We have decided to go with him. He does great work for the price.

#10 CantWait!

CantWait!
                    • Banned
                    • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

I was going to use him, but our resort won't let us bring in outside photogs who are Mexican nationales. Unbelievable! I was so bummed! He is extremely sweet though...and very responsive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users