#11 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandalaybay3071
    Here you go -
    I"m going to change the word "him" to "them" since I'll be referring to my mom and grandparents but you get the idea. Thanks for the all the help with this topic. I truly appreciate it!!
    Isn't this a fantastic poem?? I found it here a while ago & am incorporating into the last page of my welcome books for my step-dad passed away about a year & a half ago. I wanted him to be thought of & honored that week - but I didn't want anyway (my mom especially) really sad that day.
    Click the image to open in full size.

I am also putting a memory frame with his picture in it in my bouquet so he is with me that day.
    http://i390.photobuc....f/image002.jpg

There are a lot of great ideas on here...

#12 Rob&Sue

Rob&Sue
    • 64 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nanner431
      Hi all - I wanted to remember my grandparents that had passed away in years gone by and in my heart I wanted to do something so that they could 'find me' on my special day. I had my bouquet made up all in one color with the exception of 3 yellow roses which were each in memory of one of my grandparents. I didn't tell everyone except the people that I knew it would mean alot too....it was a nice subtle way of remembering them on that day in my life.
      I think this is a wonderful way of incorporating family members or really close friends who have passed away into a ceremony.
      Rob & Susannah 36 people booked!!http://tickers.Ticke....7881/event.png

#13 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nanner431
        Hi all - I wanted to remember my grandparents that had passed away in years gone by and in my heart I wanted to do something so that they could 'find me' on my special day. I had my bouquet made up all in one color with the exception of 3 yellow roses which were each in memory of one of my grandparents. I didn't tell everyone except the people that I knew it would mean alot too....it was a nice subtle way of remembering them on that day in my life.
        That is so beautiful!! I will have to keep that in mind. Do you think it will look odd if I just had one different kind/color of flower??

#14 chicklet

chicklet
        • 718 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

I decided I am going to wear a piece of my grandmother's jewellery. It was something she loved so I thought it would be a good way to remember her on my day. Only a few people know (mom, dad and fh).

#15 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

These are all great ideas! FI's best friend passed away six months before our wedding - we had a picture of him and FI's grandparents on our guestbook table with a plaque that said something to the effect of "On our wedding day, we think lovingly of those who hold a special place in our hearts"

#16 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
            • 111 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

My grandfather passed away about 7 years ago but he is still a huge part of my life. I am going to be carrying his handkerchief in my dress (or somewhere). I am also trying to find a way to acknowledge those who have passed on in our lives without making it a sad thing, but more a happy remembrance.

#17 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
              • 111 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

MissyR that is a great idea, I think I will steal that one!

#18 MissyR

MissyR
                • 1,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

Steal away! We wanted a way to remember FI's Best Friend without making everyone cry and super depressed - and his wife and kids were there and they were touched by the pic (we had asked her first if the kids would be OK with it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users