Photo

How hard are the DIY Boarding Pass Invites

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 briscoecrown

briscoecrown
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

I'm actually finishing up my boarding pass invites and I can honestly say that it wasn't too hard. Like many others have said, it's just time consuming. I did 100 invites and had second thoughts when I was about half way thru. In my opinion, cutting them out is the most tedious part. Have patience & good luck!

#12 mimosa123

mimosa123
    • 153 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by briscoecrown
      I'm actually finishing up my boarding pass invites and I can honestly say that it wasn't too hard. Like many others have said, it's just time consuming. I did 100 invites and had second thoughts when I was about half way thru. In my opinion, cutting them out is the most tedious part. Have patience & good luck!
      hello what did you use to cut yours with?

#13 b610

b610
      • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

wow... u cut everything by hand? i have a pretty large party, so any pointers on cutting?

#14 briscoecrown

briscoecrown
        • 132 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mimosa123
          hello what did you use to cut yours with?
          My FI initially separated each pass with an industrial size cutting board.
          Believe it or not, I used a regular pair of scissors afterwards for the corners & to straighten any uneven edges. We had a little assembly line going.... usually on football Sundays during commercials & halftime (of course). ;-)

#15 Kristy621

Kristy621
          • 102 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

I did mine as well and the cutting stinks but to have someone else do it cost a fortune. I used a exacto knife and a paper cutter and they came out great. The only thing I would have changed is the outter line I did it in brown to go with the invites but it made it easier to see if the line was not exact straight. Use the lightest colored outter line you need for cutting!

All in all I did 75 invites total cost from stamps, to printing, to paper and envelopes was like 275.00 and they came out awesome. I wish I took a picture so that I could post it... the RSVP's all are coming in with little notes about how much they loved the invites
            53 People Booked!

#16 cabobride10

cabobride10
            • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

I started playing around with a template last night and its not too hard at all! I am not very good on the computer and I do not know how to use photoshop or any of that stuff. I just opened a template in Word, changed the information, and changed it to our colors. Its actually kinda fun. Good luck! Give yourself plenty of time so that you dont feel rushed.

#17 candiekiss

candiekiss
              • 98 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

I'm just in the beginning stages. I'm hoping to have them printed soon and then I'm going to invite some girls over to have a "cutting and assembling" party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users