Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tracy_S

Any Eldorado Seaside Brides??

Recommended Posts

I can't believe that our wedding is less than three weeks away and the we leave 2 weeks tomorrow. Holy moly! Where has the time gone?!?! I'm pretty excited, but it actually feels pretty surreal, I don't think it has set in yet. I do know that I am way too busy - I took on too many little 'nice to have projects' so I hope they all turn out in the end.

 

I spent all night tonight altering my TTD dress. I got it for $100 but it was too big and too long.....so I felt like it made sense to pull it apart and sew it back together. I'm pretty happy with the results but it won't look as good as a perfectly tailored dress......oh well, I just hope that it looks good enough in the end!

 

I'm basically all ready to go. I made the final arrangements with the hotel today and we booked our welcome dinner, private reception and all decorations.

 

We've been able to get somewhere with Valeria on small things - the hotel has been really great accommodating our guests with food restrictions. We need two gluten free menus and the hotel highlighted the entire menu and showed us which meals were GF. It was great.

 

I would also recommend asking your WC to suggest options if you don't see something you like on the Lomas site - we wanted glass vases for our wedding reception and she came back with some great pricing on pieces that I hadn't seen on the site.

 

We're also bringing our own photog, which was great - we're planning to do a TTD at a nearby cenote and I am sooooo excited. I really can't wait, the photos are going to be amazing.

 

For our reception we ended up going for the $11 set menu, we'll see how that ends up, I'm not expecting much, so hopefully my expectations are exceeded.

 

We're doing speeches and dances after dinner - we spent the last few days burning music to play. We hope that people can hear it and that it goes over well. We're probably going to bring down a laptop and will play the music from there. Still waiting from an answer from Valeria to see if that can be done. We're not doing a tent or a dance floor.

 

We're bringing a lot of little custom pieces (fans, place cards, table numbers, flowers for centerpieces, etc) I hope these will all be worth it, but even if they're not...who cares!

 

Now I just need to finalize what I am doing with my hair, make my veil and start packing!! Wheee......oh and I have to finish hemming dress #2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SoontobeE!! Thats so exciting!! Sounds like you plan on doing much of the same stuff that I planned on doing!! Which is great cause I can then ask you all about it when you return!!! HAHAHA!

 

So you mentioned you were doing dances and speeches... where are you having all this? Are you doing the private beach reception too? I was thinking I was going to do this as well, but would like to have the dance floor... let me know how the no dance floor thing goes and the whole music laptop thing as well. As for your dinner for the 11 dollar a plate I would love to hear that too cause I want to do a menu but am not expecting my guests to have to pay like 60 bucks a plate!

 

Man I wish I was leaving in 2 weeks... I still have 8 months to wait... its killing me!!! lol... glad to hear you are almost ready to go!! I'm so jealous you get to leave so soon!!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot something I was going to ask you too.. about your glass vases... were they ones you can fill with water and flowers and have like floating candles in them? I want to do the same thing as well.. and I was just about to email Valeria and ask how much they would be.. is this the same thing you went with? And if so how much are they charging you??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SoontobeE and EDSSbride09 you guys must be getting so excited!!! Your weddings are so close!!! I am sooo jealous!!! What have you guys been up to? Haven't heard from you guys in a while.. or you Nicky!

 

I am so excited... I have my BD session this saturday!!! I can't wait.. I hope they turn out great!! Did any of you girls have BD photos done??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our weddings really are coming up fast, yours will be here before you know it, trust me!

 

I gotta get our details for the meals etc. finalized... OMG tons of decisions to make, we did switch our location to the gazebo though, hope it was the right choice! THough that being said, we are the only wedding on the 11th, so i can prob switch back if we choose to...

 

I am not doing a BD shoot, but i think it is a great idea, let us know how it goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy_S View Post
SoontobeE!! Thats so exciting!! Sounds like you plan on doing much of the same stuff that I planned on doing!! Which is great cause I can then ask you all about it when you return!!! HAHAHA!

So you mentioned you were doing dances and speeches... where are you having all this? Are you doing the private beach reception too? I was thinking I was going to do this as well, but would like to have the dance floor... let me know how the no dance floor thing goes and the whole music laptop thing as well. As for your dinner for the 11 dollar a plate I would love to hear that too cause I want to do a menu but am not expecting my guests to have to pay like 60 bucks a plate!

Man I wish I was leaving in 2 weeks... I still have 8 months to wait... its killing me!!! lol... glad to hear you are almost ready to go!! I'm so jealous you get to leave so soon!!! lol
Okay - I'm going to reply to this one at a time : ) That way I won't forget anything.

We are doing dances and speeches on the beach beside the pier gazebo. We're not doing the dance floor because I love the idea of dancing in the sand, and I don' think it will be neccessary to have a dance floor. For the music laptop Valeria said the laptop wasn't possible, but that we could use any MP3 player to play music - so we're going to do that. I'll let you know how it goes....we spent the last two weekends selecting songs and putting them on our mp3 player to play during dinner and the reception.

I am a bit concerned about your one comment...are you going to ask your guests to pay for their dinner? I would be careful about that. I know I would be pissed if I went to a wedding and I was asked to pay for my dinner - I would be very careful about that. We made some modifications to the set course menu - swapped the dessert from one set course menu to our set course menu. Check the Karisma site (or ask your WC) for the reception menu. We chose Set Menu 1A.

I can't believe that we are leaving in 11 days.....eek! Almost down to single digit sleeps. woooooow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy_S View Post
I forgot something I was going to ask you too.. about your glass vases... were they ones you can fill with water and flowers and have like floating candles in them? I want to do the same thing as well.. and I was just about to email Valeria and ask how much they would be.. is this the same thing you went with? And if so how much are they charging you??
Tracy - We are using the 3 glass vases per table, all at different heights- I'm not sure whether we are doing cylindrical or square. Depends on the price : ) She quoted me $7/ vase, but the floating candle was extra. We decided not to go with them because of the $10/ candle cost they were trying to give us.... We're bringing flowers to put into the vases after they are filled with water. Hopefully it makes them look nice : )

We're also not doing any tiki torches or candle bags. I just felt like they were a rip off....

I would keep pushing back on the costs for these pieces - I think the pricing is totally arbitrary and considering the fact that we started at $45/ table for the three vases I'm happy with the $21/ table final cost. I would start asking for prices for each piece, because it seems that once you choose an assembled centerpiece they jack up the price.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not doing a BD shoot - just trying to get everything settled - tonight I am going through all of the emails from Valeria and am printing them off tomorrow. I also went on the Karimsa spa site and the lomas spa site to print off prices so that we can neotiate while we are there. I totally can't WAIT and can't believe that we're going to married in a few short weeks.

 

I'm packing my bags tonight and am trying to get all of my 'things' organised. If does feel kind of stupid that I packed so many things - table settings, letters to guests, fans, etc etc etc. Why did I pack so many things??!?

 

Also - we just bought these to give to a few of our family members and groomsmen - given the baggage restrictions it seemed like the perfect gift for friends who travel and are into gadgets: HEYS xScale® - The World's Smallest Portable Luggage Scale

 

Everytime I weigh my bag filled with fans and junk I wonder why i packed so much.....it's too bad the scale is accurate. I would feel better if it was lying to me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just got a quote back on the centerpiece example I sent to Valeria.. and it was 125 a piece!!!! Here is what the centerpiece looked like... I think its totally a rip off!! I may just ask to have 2 or 3 cylinderical vases instead...

 

Yes, for 1 tall glass centerpiece, and 4 small glass square vases:

 

with orchids (available in white, green or fuscia): 125 usd

with iris (available in white or blue): 90 usd

 

thats her quote!! Let me know what you think if its to much after you look at the centerpiece sample... I think it is!!

 

Hope it works!

 

 

centerpiece.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeE View Post
I'm not doing a BD shoot - just trying to get everything settled - tonight I am going through all of the emails from Valeria and am printing them off tomorrow. I also went on the Karimsa spa site and the lomas spa site to print off prices so that we can neotiate while we are there. I totally can't WAIT and can't believe that we're going to married in a few short weeks.

I'm packing my bags tonight and am trying to get all of my 'things' organised. If does feel kind of stupid that I packed so many things - table settings, letters to guests, fans, etc etc etc. Why did I pack so many things??!?

Also - we just bought these to give to a few of our family members and groomsmen - given the baggage restrictions it seemed like the perfect gift for friends who travel and are into gadgets: HEYS xScale® - The World's Smallest Portable Luggage Scale

Everytime I weigh my bag filled with fans and junk I wonder why i packed so much.....it's too bad the scale is accurate. I would feel better if it was lying to me....

Those scales are such a cool idea! How much did it cost you to buy them all for your guests? Are you giving it to them at the airport or something? Or I guess somehow when they are all finished packing... How much is the max weight of your checked luggage now?? I get so confused with all the new rules and taxes that they charge for luggage now!

What sort of table settings are you bringing with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×