Music and the amount of people

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lillie09

• 114 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

I believe I'm having around 25-30 people at my wedding. Do you think it's silly to have a DJ at the reception. My family loves music and loves to dance. I really want to do the first dance and the father/daughter / mother/son dances. Do you think it would be weird because there aren't many people attending? Thanks!!

#2 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

we are only having 25 people and we got a DJ-I figured why not-it will be super fun.

#3 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

We are having around 3 people and we are having a dj we only get married once!
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

We have the same size group and have decided not to have a dj, but that's mainly because our group is not really going to dance. If you have a group who will take advantage of it, then I say go for it! We are just going to use our ipod instead.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#5 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

I don't think its silly at all especially since you said your familly loves to dance. We had about 30 people in our group & we rented the disco and had a DJ from 9pm to 11pm & it was well worth it. Our guests really enjoyed having our own time before the disco opened up to the public.

#6 DJaysEntertainment

• 77 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

About 50% of the weddings that we perform at have 40 or less people. Most have a great time, dance, etc. but the main reason for getting a DJ is so that you can have a "host" at the party... someone to keep everything moving, announce special events, etc.

It also makes it so you don't have to spend all the time making iPod playlists, etc. etc.

#7 MarieSam

• VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts
                • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

Regardless of the number ~ be it 2 or 200 in attendance ~ this is a wonderful celebration of your union! And if your family loves music and loves to dance then even better, why not get a DJ? It's a party girl, sounds like you will have a fabulous time no matter what

#8 Lillie09

• 114 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

You are all right! I'm going to have one..it will be a blast! Thanks everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users