~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

Just curious what happens with these. I think the symbology of the candles is pretty cool. i know I was interested in doing a sand ceremony but I threw that out the window a while ago. I want to do something cool for our 15 minute ceremony. LOL

Anyone performing a candle ceremony? or seen one?

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

I would prefer the "lighting of the candles" over the sand ceremony, but I know the candles would blow out on the beach! So, it's the sand ceremony for me!

#3 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

i don't think i'm doing either the sand or candle ceremony.

why did you throw out the sand ceremony idea?

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • LocationUtah

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

I don't know really... maybe I need to see one to really understand what the sand ceremony is. haha

I got some ideas about the candle ceremoney now. I think our Mom's should each light a candle at the begining of the ceremony and then at some point me and Jared can light a bigger candle from the flames of our Mom's? Does that sound cheesey??!

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

not at all I think it sounds nice. Just make sure you have something to protect the candles from getting blown out by the wind.

#6 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • LocationUtah

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:22 PM

Since we're getting marred in the gazebo (not on the beach) do you think the wind will still be a factor? Sorry if that's a dumb question... i guess it IS still outside. Hmmmmmm

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

I'm not sure, I would think the gazebo would still be windy, but maybe you would want to check with the WC at Riu, and they can tell you if its really windy there.

#8 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • LocationUtah

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

Good idea; thanks Jill. What do you think about this set up

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

I like it, very pretty!

Does anyone know if there are any other options besides candles or sand? I wanted to do the sand ceremony, but FI was married before and they did the sand ceremony, grrr, so I don't really want any part of our wedding to be anythingl like his first wedding. I know sounds stupid, can you tell I don't particularly like his first wife!

I may do the sand ceremony anyway, but if I can find something I like thats different I would prefer to do that.

Melissa, you know what I saw the other day that may work well for candles. I saw these cracked mosaic vases, that were kind of tall, I thought about buying them for the reception and just putting pillar candles in them, but the candle would be low enough where I don't think the wind would blow it out. That might work, if you put the candles inside of something.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:39 AM

Jill, what about the "hand ceremony"

Melissa, If you do a candle ceremony, just be sure to put them in say a hurricane vase or something that is taller then the actual candles. I think it can still be done, but even in a gazebo I would be affraid the wind would blow the candles out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users