Jump to content

Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#1251 KCDawn

KCDawn
  • Site Supporter
  • 242 posts

    Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:50 PM


    It seems like everyone buys their vases and sand for the sand ceremony and brings them to mexico.  I haven't asked Cecilia about that.  I thought about doing the sand ceremony but I was afraid of how the vase would travel back after the sand was poured in it.  Does anyone know how this works??

     

     

    Originally Posted by CriCri 

    I 'm going to have the sand ceremony but I don't know if I have to take vases and colored sand or if they will provide them for us. Do you know?

      Do you know if the sand and hand ceremony are before or after the ring ceremony?   And last question: do you have the text of the ceremony and vows?   Thank you for your help
     


     



    #1252 newloves1975

    newloves1975
    • Newbie
    • 41 posts

      Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

      Anyone who's wedding is coming up soon, or already passed can you tell me when you decided on all the little details? Like flowers, menu, decorations? My wedding is 6 months away and this is stressing me out already. Cecilia sent me a ton of pictures of decorations, am I supposed to pick out of them without knowing any of the prices? Are the only bouquets they have to chose from the ones on their website? Same goes with the cake.... Also anyone who is having their reception at the gazebo what are you doing for lighting? This just occurred to me that the inside of the gazebo will be dark. I thought I was pretty much set and had everything planned, now I have so many more things to decide on! @CriCri: Cecilia sent me the wording for the symbolic ceremony. I would assume that since the sand ceremony is added by you, then you can decide when during the ceremony you want it. I have read a ton of ceremony scripts and its been done at different times during the ceremony. Most of the time it is after the vows and rings. But really It's up to you. I think that I am doing the hands of the bride and groom reading, and I want it done before the vows and rings.

      #1253 AnnieWeds

      AnnieWeds
      • Newbie
      • 47 posts

        Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

        newloves1975, I'm not sure about the bouquets, but I just so happened to have asked Cecilia the same question about the cakes and she says yes those are the most up to date cakes to choose from.  And the flavors are are vainilla, cheese cake and 3 milk cake.  =)

         

        Anyone have experience and opinions on the different flavors?

         

        Did anyone use an outside vendor for their bouquets?  We have the Ultimate Wedding package and were trying to apply the bouquet included in the package towards an outside vendor flower instead.
         

        Originally Posted by newloves1975 

        Anyone who's wedding is coming up soon, or already passed can you tell me when you decided on all the little details? Like flowers, menu, decorations? My wedding is 6 months away and this is stressing me out already. Cecilia sent me a ton of pictures of decorations, am I supposed to pick out of them without knowing any of the prices?
        Are the only bouquets they have to chose from the ones on their website? Same goes with the cake....
        Also anyone who is having their reception at the gazebo what are you doing for lighting? This just occurred to me that the inside of the gazebo will be dark.
        I thought I was pretty much set and had everything planned, now I have so many more things to decide on!
        @CriCri: Cecilia sent me the wording for the symbolic ceremony.
        I would assume that since the sand ceremony is added by you, then you can decide when during the ceremony you want it. I have read a ton of ceremony scripts and its been done at different times during the ceremony. Most of the time it is after the vows and rings. But really It's up to you.
        I think that I am doing the hands of the bride and groom reading, and I want it done before the vows and rings.


         



        #1254 KCDawn

        KCDawn
        • Site Supporter
        • 242 posts

          Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

          My wedding is only 2 weeks before yours and I was wondering when I need to decide on that stuff too, but I assumed we didn't have to do it yet.  

           

          We're having our reception at the Gazebo too.  I've read a lot of reviews and I don't remember anyone who had their reception at the gazebo saying anything about the lighting.   Are you sure it's dark?  It looks like they set up lighting outside around the tables.  Maybe that's enough to light up the gazebo because I haven't read anyone commenting on that.  That's a good point though.  I never would of thought of that.  No one will want to dance if it's dark!

           

           
           

          Originally Posted by newloves1975 

          Anyone who's wedding is coming up soon, or already passed can you tell me when you decided on all the little details? Like flowers, menu, decorations? My wedding is 6 months away and this is stressing me out already. Cecilia sent me a ton of pictures of decorations, am I supposed to pick out of them without knowing any of the prices?

          Also anyone who is having their reception at the gazebo what are you doing for lighting? This just occurred to me that the inside of the gazebo will be dark.
           


           



          #1255 newloves1975

          newloves1975
          • Newbie
          • 41 posts

            Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

            After my little freak out yesterday I sent Cecilia an email asking about lighting. She sent me an email back with a picture of the reception set up at the gazebo with a light circled in red, (near the pool) if anyone has the "wedding areas" document she sent out the picture is from there. She never verified that the gazebo was dark, but that's kinda what I get from the picture she sent. She also sent me a VERY helpful document "wedding services price list 2011-2012" this has all the decor WITH prices. She copied and introduced me to someone at planner1events. I guess that's the decorating/setup company they use...? This is extremely helpful! It's making me rethink my budget though! Cecilia is wonderful, she is always so helpful and quick to respond. I just don't understand why she doesn't send out all the information, pricing, maybe a FAQ list after we put our deposit down. It seems like all of us have to ask her a question, then we get an attachment with pictures etc. Just my opinion, it would lessen her inbox and make things a bit easier for herself. KCDawn-from what I understood from the attachments she sent me, if there was lighting, candles, etc it was all purchased separately. I wish someone who was married there could let us know. I don't want to make these decisions too early, my goal is 6 weeks before the wedding have everything picked out. Cecilia did say to make the spa apointment for hair/makeup 1 month prior to coming down. I can make a massage apointment when I get there, or before. Another bit of information that I didn't realize or know until yesterday. The champagne flutes are mailed to your house AFTER the wedding. And if anyone reviewed the video packages, the basic video of the ceremony is included in the ultimate package, but to upgrade to the next video package it's only $108 more. That sounds like a good deal to me.

            #1256 AnnieWeds

            AnnieWeds
            • Newbie
            • 47 posts

              Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

              newloves1975, that is a great deal to upgrade the video package!  Thank you so much for letting us know.

               

              Originally Posted by newloves1975 

              After my little freak out yesterday I sent Cecilia an email asking about lighting. She sent me an email back with a picture of the reception set up at the gazebo with a light circled in red, (near the pool) if anyone has the "wedding areas" document she sent out the picture is from there. She never verified that the gazebo was dark, but that's kinda what I get from the picture she sent.
              She also sent me a VERY helpful document "wedding services price list 2011-2012" this has all the decor WITH prices. She copied and introduced me to someone at planner1events. I guess that's the decorating/setup company they use...? This is extremely helpful! It's making me rethink my budget though!
              Cecilia is wonderful, she is always so helpful and quick to respond. I just don't understand why she doesn't send out all the information, pricing, maybe a FAQ list after we put our deposit down. It seems like all of us have to ask her a question, then we get an attachment with pictures etc. Just my opinion, it would lessen her inbox and make things a bit easier for herself.
              KCDawn-from what I understood from the attachments she sent me, if there was lighting, candles, etc it was all purchased separately. I wish someone who was married there could let us know. I don't want to make these decisions too early, my goal is 6 weeks before the wedding have everything picked out. Cecilia did say to make the spa apointment for hair/makeup 1 month prior to coming down. I can make a massage apointment when I get there, or before.
              Another bit of information that I didn't realize or know until yesterday. The champagne flutes are mailed to your house AFTER the wedding. And if anyone reviewed the video packages, the basic video of the ceremony is included in the ultimate package, but to upgrade to the next video package it's only $108 more. That sounds like a good deal to me.


               



              #1257 KCDawn

              KCDawn
              • Site Supporter
              • 242 posts

                Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

                Since you're talking cake, there's a question I want to ask Valeria/Cecilia but it wasn't urgent so I haven't checked yet.  Hopefully you or someone else here knows the answer.  We're expecting 30-40 people.  We are being charged $5 per person over 20 for the cake.  There are upgraded cakes that are bigger than the cake included in the package and much nicer looking.  If we just paid to upgrade the cake to one of the bigger ones would we still have to pay the extra $5 per person?? 

                 

                Originally Posted by AnnieWeds 

                newloves1975, I'm not sure about the bouquets, but I just so happened to have asked Cecilia the same question about the cakes and she says yes those are the most up to date cakes to choose from.  And the flavors are are vainilla, cheese cake and 3 milk cake.  =)

                 

                Anyone have experience and opinions on the different flavors?

                 

                Did anyone use an outside vendor for their bouquets?  We have the Ultimate Wedding package and were trying to apply the bouquet included in the package towards an outside vendor flower instead.
                 



                 



                 



                #1258 KCDawn

                KCDawn
                • Site Supporter
                • 242 posts

                  Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

                  You're so right!  It would be helpful if we got all of this stuff emailed to us after the contract and deposit were taken care of.  Would you mind posting the wedding services price list? 

                   

                   

                   

                  Originally Posted by newloves1975 

                  After my little freak out yesterday I sent Cecilia an email asking about lighting. She sent me an email back with a picture of the reception set up at the gazebo with a light circled in red, (near the pool) if anyone has the "wedding areas" document she sent out the picture is from there. She never verified that the gazebo was dark, but that's kinda what I get from the picture she sent.
                  She also sent me a VERY helpful document "wedding services price list 2011-2012" this has all the decor WITH prices. She copied and introduced me to someone at planner1events. I guess that's the decorating/setup company they use...? This is extremely helpful! It's making me rethink my budget though!
                  Cecilia is wonderful, she is always so helpful and quick to respond. I just don't understand why she doesn't send out all the information, pricing, maybe a FAQ list after we put our deposit down. It seems like all of us have to ask her a question, then we get an attachment with pictures etc. Just my opinion, it would lessen her inbox and make things a bit easier for herself.
                  KCDawn-from what I understood from the attachments she sent me, if there was lighting, candles, etc it was all purchased separately. I wish someone who was married there could let us know. I don't want to make these decisions too early, my goal is 6 weeks before the wedding have everything picked out. Cecilia did say to make the spa apointment for hair/makeup 1 month prior to coming down. I can make a massage apointment when I get there, or before.
                  Another bit of information that I didn't realize or know until yesterday. The champagne flutes are mailed to your house AFTER the wedding. And if anyone reviewed the video packages, the basic video of the ceremony is included in the ultimate package, but to upgrade to the next video package it's only $108 more. That sounds like a good deal to me.


                   



                  #1259 AnnieWeds

                  AnnieWeds
                  • Newbie
                  • 47 posts

                    Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

                    That's a great question.  I'll let you know what I find out.
                     

                    Originally Posted by KCDawn 

                    Since you're talking cake, there's a question I want to ask Valeria/Cecilia but it wasn't urgent so I haven't checked yet.  Hopefully you or someone else here knows the answer.  We're expecting 30-40 people.  We are being charged $5 per person over 20 for the cake.  There are upgraded cakes that are bigger than the cake included in the package and much nicer looking.  If we just paid to upgrade the cake to one of the bigger ones would we still have to pay the extra $5 per person?? 

                     



                     



                     



                    #1260 newloves1975

                    newloves1975
                    • Newbie
                    • 41 posts

                      Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

                      That price was confirmed by Cecilia too, because I figured it would only be $78. This is the email: Video package 1 is included in the ultimate package. If I wanted to upgrade to video package 2 will it only be an additional $78?- Price list do not necessarily reflects the Price of the items included in the wedding package, in this case the upgrade it would be of $108 usd

                      newloves1975, that is a great deal to upgrade the video package!  Thank you so much for letting us know.

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by newloves1975 

                      After my little freak out yesterday I sent Cecilia an email asking about lighting. She sent me an email back with a picture of the reception set up at the gazebo with a light circled in red, (near the pool) if anyone has the "wedding areas" document she sent out the picture is from there. She never verified that the gazebo was dark, but that's kinda what I get from the picture she sent.
                      She also sent me a VERY helpful document "wedding services price list 2011-2012" this has all the decor WITH prices. She copied and introduced me to someone at planner1events. I guess that's the decorating/setup company they use...? This is extremely helpful! It's making me rethink my budget though!
                      Cecilia is wonderful, she is always so helpful and quick to respond. I just don't understand why she doesn't send out all the information, pricing, maybe a FAQ list after we put our deposit down. It seems like all of us have to ask her a question, then we get an attachment with pictures etc. Just my opinion, it would lessen her inbox and make things a bit easier for herself.
                      KCDawn-from what I understood from the attachments she sent me, if there was lighting, candles, etc it was all purchased separately. I wish someone who was married there could let us know. I don't want to make these decisions too early, my goal is 6 weeks before the wedding have everything picked out. Cecilia did say to make the spa apointment for hair/makeup 1 month prior to coming down. I can make a massage apointment when I get there, or before.
                      Another bit of information that I didn't realize or know until yesterday. The champagne flutes are mailed to your house AFTER the wedding. And if anyone reviewed the video packages, the basic video of the ceremony is included in the ultimate package, but to upgrade to the next video package it's only $108 more. That sounds like a good deal to me.

                       






                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Yahoo (1)