Sandals Negril

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kar2m

kar2m
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

HI,
    I just wanted to start a new Sandals Negril bride Forum. The other one is a little old. I am getting married on June 21st,2009. Does anyone know how long it takes for a WC to contact you? My travel agent booked my trip and reserved my wedding time for me, but when I asked her when the WC would contact me, she was real vague and told me that i have to turn my final paperwork in, like my birth certificate etc. Has anyone heard this or is my TA giving me the run around?

Also if anyone has any pictures or anything helpful for the actual wedding ceremony or reception that would be great.I am thinking about having the reception off site,because the cost of a private dinner at Sandals. Any ideas? I do have a place in mind, but havent got in contact with them yet, because their email is not working and it is international to call there. $1.61/min!

Thanks,
    Katie

#2 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
    • 1,047 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

Generally I am contacted by the WC within 48 hours of reserving the wedding date & time for my client if we also either made the deposit on the room (conceirge level or higher stay, for 6 nights or more) or placed the $200 deposit on the wedding date & time.

At that time I usually get both a phone call and an email from the WC. I've never had to wait till all of the official paperwork was entered to speak to the WC.

#3 kar2m

kar2m
      • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

oh okay. thanks. I guess i need to contact my TA again to get her email, because i have already paid the deposit and booked my wedding time. I don't know why she would have told me that.

#4 jewls567

jewls567
        • 74 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:06 AM

I'm actually having the same issue with my TA. When I asked her when I can talk to my WC at the resort (we've already booked our sunset wedding package & our stay & the stay of our families, etc.) and she told me the WC won't talk to me until we get down there which made me confused why that would be like that if we are paying so much money and all

#5 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
          • 419 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:03 AM

The wedding coordinator in Miami contacted me the day after I book the room. Then I paid the $200 to lock in my wedding date and time. If you booked already, you should get the call soon. I was at SGOR but I am sure it is all the same right?

#6 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Yes, it is the same for all of the Sandals & Beaches resorts! The WC in Miami will contact the TA or the bride within 48 hours of the wedding being reserved. I made a wedding reservation this Monday for Beaches Negril for June 6th, 2009 and heard from the WC by Wednesday morning. My bride is already looking over her options and making decisions on the wedding packages and dinner menu!

#7 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
              • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

You should be hearing soon from the Miami WC. They are helpful but also very busy, and sometimes can take longer than expected. I fell into this catagory since my WC was on maternity leave and I had a back up but she didn't handle our resort at all ... soo I just waited till Amber got back... you have many months ahead of you still.. if you want I can send you everything I have for deco pricing/flowers/and such. I was super impatient and wanted everything right after I booked, I was also told if you book super far out, they won't be getting into the nitty gritty stuff with you till about 4 or 5 months out.

#8 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jewls567
                  I'm actually having the same issue with my TA. When I asked her when I can talk to my WC at the resort (we've already booked our sunset wedding package & our stay & the stay of our families, etc.) and she told me the WC won't talk to me until we get down there which made me confused why that would be like that if we are paying so much money and all

The Wc in Miami is different than the WC on site.

The WC in Miami will arrange the entire wedding for you, including packages, upgrades ect. The WC onsite will meet with you the day after you arrive at the resort and review what you've already selected prior (if you didn't select anything prior she will show you what is available) and answer any last minute questions. The on site WC is there to see that things go smoothly.

#9 kar2m

kar2m
                  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

ok thanks guys! I have got in contact with my WC in Miami and she fowarded me the upgrades and some pics of the possible wedding sites.

#10 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

I'm glad you recieved your info and were able to speak with your WC! Have fun planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users