Photo

Sandos Playacar Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#281 keilag

keilag
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

what do you all think of the bright yellow disco?...BTW you can rent the DJ for $50 per hour at the disco before 11

#282 jrprice24

jrprice24
    • 91 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bride-chill-a
      If it's a Symbolic Ceremony, it's not legal so you don't have to worry about any of that 'being there 3 business days in advance" business. I'm assuming you would be making it legal at home, non? that's the nice thing about a symbolic ceremony!
      Thanks! I was thinking that was true but started getting concerned when I hadn't even thought of the issue. Yes, we are getting married here. The reason behind the symbolic ceremony is to save money. I think we are getting married down there first and not telling anyone and then coming back up here and doing it legally.
      I am now Mrs. Rohwedder!!

#283 Bride-chill-a

Bride-chill-a
      • 121 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by keilag
        what do you all think of the bright yellow disco?...BTW you can rent the DJ for $50 per hour at the disco before 11
        I'm not down with it for my reception. LOL. I'm thinking we might do our dinner in the buffet and then have the poolside private reception for our speeches, dances, etc....and just do drinks there. We have 40 ppl now, so it's an option now, if we want it!

#284 kaitlin422

kaitlin422
        • 36 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by keilag
          i dont know... it is very loud and "mexicany" :) but at least the majority of your wedding pictures will be taken outside! the private reception can get expensive... im up to 38 guests booked. its so hard to decide!

#285 kaitlin422

kaitlin422
          • 36 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Bride-chill-a
            I'm not down with it for my reception. LOL. I'm thinking we might do our dinner in the buffet and then have the poolside private reception for our speeches, dances, etc....and just do drinks there. We have 40 ppl now, so it's an option now, if we want it!
            so would the poolside reception just be $500? since you wont have to pay for the menu? would you pay to have a bartender down there or just have people go to the bar? :)

#286 Bride-chill-a

Bride-chill-a
            • 121 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kaitlin422
              so would the poolside reception just be $500? since you wont have to pay for the menu? would you pay to have a bartender down there or just have people go to the bar? :)
              We haven't decided yet because we still need to sit down and do the math with all other things considered. We actually haven't discussed this option of people going to the bar themselves, but if we can afford it, I'd like to do the price/person for the drinks (I guess!) Especially because we don't know how far the bar is from the pool, etc. I wonder if we can decide on that part when we get there? Once we have a chance to see it, that would help us make our decision. My computer with all my info from Paola is down right now, so I need to wait until I can get all that info together before I send her an email with all my questions.

Has anyone else had a private pool reception or seen one there, that can offer input?

#287 Chrystal

Chrystal
              • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

Does anyone know how long in advance you need to book? I called another hotel in this area and all of April 2010 is already booked for weddings.
                As well, has anyoone used the witnesses that the hotel provides? If so how much do they charge for that service?
                Thanks for any info
                Chrystal

#288 bryonandkiuana

bryonandkiuana
                • 71 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hey ladies...I leave for Sandos is one week...can't wait. Here's the plan:
                  thursday evening nov 5th
                  welcome reception 7:30-9:30pm
                  bachelorette festivities 9:30-until
                  Friday/nov. 6th--The big Day!
                  hair 9am- Sandos salon
                  makeup noon- MAC on 5th ave
                  ceremony 5:00pm (guests seated @ 4:30pm)
                  5:30pm-toasts and instant photo guestbook signing in wedding hut immediately following ceremony
                  5:30pm pictures
                  dinner @ italian buffet 6:30pm
                  dancing @ disco 7:30-until

Paola has been great to work with...a bit slow to get back to you but she has picked it up her response as we've gotten closer to the wedding date!

www.bryonandkiuana.com

#289 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
                  • 661 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bryonandkiuana
                    Hey ladies...I leave for Sandos is one week...can't wait. Here's the plan:
                    thursday evening nov 5th
                    welcome reception 7:30-9:30pm
                    bachelorette festivities 9:30-until
                    Friday/nov. 6th--The big Day!
                    hair 9am- Sandos salon
                    makeup noon- MAC on 5th ave
                    ceremony 5:00pm (guests seated @ 4:30pm)
                    5:30pm-toasts and instant photo guestbook signing in wedding hut immediately following ceremony
                    5:30pm pictures
                    dinner @ italian buffet 6:30pm
                    dancing @ disco 7:30-until

Paola has been great to work with...a bit slow to get back to you but she has picked it up her response as we've gotten closer to the wedding date!

www.bryonandkiuana.com
                    Have a great trip and a fabulous wedding! Let us know how it all went when you get back. Congrats!!! Only 7 more sleeps!

#290 Bride-chill-a

Bride-chill-a
                    • 121 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

I didn't realize there was a MAC Cosmetics in Playa and I work for MAC! Ha, ha! My friend who I work with had to cancel on me and she was going to do all my bridesmaids for me, so I can relax, but now I can take them there! Yipee!

Did you book all your appointments?

Have a GREAT wedding and I will look forward to hearing all about it!

All the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users