Cabo Wedding Budgets

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

• 427 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

I really need your help. I'm am trying to plan a wedding for Nov. 2009 and have started to figure out my my budget. I didn't want to spend over $20,000 but that seems to be the case. So, I'm hoping that you can provide me some feedback on your budget for your location.

I was looking at the Sheraton and they dinner runs about $70 pp and drinks is about $16pp an hour. I am expecting about 60 guests. With that said, here is my budget this far:

Dress and accessories $1400
    Food $4500
    Bar $3500
    DJ $1000
    Cake $400
    Photographer $2500
    Invitations/Stationary $500
    Welcome Bags $300
    Wedding Party Attire $1500
    Travel $2400
    Sunset Cruise $3000
    Favors $800

Also, the Sheraton has quoted me $200 a room per night with a 2 night minimum. What are the other hotel requirements?

#2 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
    • 141 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hi Jessica

To me, that sound a bit over priced and I'm sure that a really good WC can help you out, sadly, I'm not one...LOL... Feel free to pm me if you think I can help you.

PS.- YOu forgot the fireworks!!!

#3 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

you forgot the flowers! those will probably be close to 2k maybe.

The food and wine seems overpriced thought, it would cost about the same at home.

#4 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
      • 141 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:11 PM

I think Ana's right.... The food and drinks are kind of over priced, the DJ depending on how many hours, but that's a lot, again I think.... It could be trimmed a bit more...

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

I'm not much help, since I did an AI. But my flowers for me 3 bridemaides and reception flowers. THe chuppha with custom tuling and chair bows was $600. If that gives you a idea for flowers. It also included setup and take down.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#6 JGAMMAGIRL77

• 427 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

I did forget to include the flowers. I was hoping to only spend about a $1000. I'm currently getting a quote from Florenta so I will have a better idea on how much it's going to be. I was budgeting about 4-5 hours for the DJ. I haven't decided if I should have the DJ for the ceremony or just the reception. Either way, I would have to spend the money on a Trio. I just think that the food is a overpriced. I have looked into the other AI hotels like Dreams but the room rates are so expensive and I don't think that my guests would stay there. With that said, I would then have to pay an additional fee for all the guests not staying at the hotel. I thought I read $8day pass plus location fees plus dinner. Is this correct?

If you don't mind posting your budget for your location, this would really help.

#7 Leia78

• VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

There's actually a budget thread, if you hit the search button. Here's the link http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t933. I posted mine at the end.

#8 JGAMMAGIRL77

• 427 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

THANKS!!!!! I will have to take a look.

#9 franeve

• 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

Hi, I'm getting married at The Sheraton at the end of this month. We will have 40 guests and it seems like we are looking at a total of $24000. This is our TOTAL. I mean every penny we've spent or forsee spending....including the ceremony, buffet, open bar, cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres, a beach bonfire after the party, mariachi, dj, photographer, our wedding attire, wedding bands, invitations, favors, outside wedding planner, airfare and 7night stay at the Sheraton. The only thing we didn't count is our spending money for the week. To get a really good idea of what it will cost you, contact Gaby at Baja Wedding. When I started looking around she sent me a really helpful spreadsheet that gave me price ranges I can expect from the vendors in Cabo and for my guest count, it turned out to be pretty accurate. Let me know if you want her info.
                  Good Luck!

#10 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
                  • 141 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

There's Dj Fradal, who has really budget friendly prices and He's a real good Dj...

If you want his info let me know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users