The BEST Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Banana11

• VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

This is my very favorite cookie recipe and I thought I would share it with my very favorite BDWers :)

Best Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
    • 1 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup white sugar
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    • 1 egg
    • 1 egg yolk
    • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (sometimes I like to use a mix of milk and dark chips)

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets lightly. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
    2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
    3. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. The minute the edges start to brown take them out. If they stay in too long they won’t be very soft. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

This recipe is soooooo good! I’ve made it numerous times and someone always asks if I got them at a bakery. I think one key to this recipe is using unsalted melted butter. Enjoy!

#2 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:44 PM

yayyya you posted it. i'm saving this puppy for when i get back.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

yummmmm !!

#4 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

I love how I saw this thread listed and I was more excited to look at it than any others... LOL So sad, and funny too

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:30 AM

this is absolutely my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe as well...its from america's test kitchen and is the best...i make it with french butter "plugra".

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Banana11

• VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:17 AM

I discovered it a few years ago on All Recipes and having been making it ever since. The only thing i've changed up is the chocolate chips. So delicious!

#7 LisaG

• VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

Did someone say big fat chewy chocolate chip cookie??

I'm sooo making these this weekend!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users