Photo

Early wedding gifts and thank you cards?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 beachbride08

beachbride08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

We have received a few cards with $ for our wedding. About half are from our guests coming to the wedding that didn't want to bring it to Mexico and the others are from those that aren't coming. I didn't anticipate getting wedding gifts from those coming, let alone people that aren't. I knew FI's parents were giving us money because they told us. I figured if we got anything I wanted to order thank you cards with some wedding photos on it. Now that we have gotten gifts I don't know if it is tacky to wait to send the thank yous, or just send something now acknowledging the gift? Mind you I'm the girl that writes thank yous the day I receive a gift so people know I am prompt with this.
    Michelle

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbride08
      We have received a few cards with $ for our wedding. About half are from our guests coming to the wedding that didn't want to bring it to Mexico and the others are from those that aren't coming. I didn't anticipate getting wedding gifts from those coming, let alone people that aren't. I knew FI's parents were giving us money because they told us. I figured if we got anything I wanted to order thank you cards with some wedding photos on it. Now that we have gotten gifts I don't know if it is tacky to wait to send the thank yous, or just send something now acknowledging the gift? Mind you I'm the girl that writes thank yous the day I receive a gift so people know I am prompt with this.
      You are only 2 weeks out, I say wait and get the thank you cards printed with the wedding photos like you wanted. If you can get them in the mail 4-6 weeks after the wedding you are doing good.

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

yes I would say whatever you are most comfortable with - you are very close to the wedding now so it definitely would not be bad to wait until after.

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

Michelle,

this happened with us as well - i usually like to send thank you's immediately but we held off and waited until we had our custom thank you's and then wrote them all at once.

just start a spreadsheet with the gifts so you don't lose track :)

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

michelle, if you'll see any of the people at the wedding, i would give them a verbal thank you so that they know it was received.

then you can send your custom thank you notes when you get back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users