OMG - Possibly Fantastic News!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
  • Banned
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Some of you probably know about the fact that FI & I lost our huge contract in August. It was really shady and under the table the way it happened. We tried to get the contract replaced with one from a different company and couldn't. It was 80% of our income just GONE. I was devastated. FI's mom said we should file a class action lawsuit with all the other photographers & talent effected by it. Basically they told us last minute that they were replacing all the freelancers with a franchise that's $60K to buy into and totally not worth the money. Well, we didn't think we had much of a case at that point... because of the written contract.

Well, the talent that we were working with hired a public relations firm and a lawyer, and the public threw a fit that he'd been let go! Needless to say that less than 48 hours from this being published in the Washington Post, front page on Yahoo, AOL and other publications, he has his contract back! I'm thrilled, and praying that we are next! We really had to cut back on our wedding plans because of all of this... and that's really put a damper on things.

We have a call into the lawyer and public relations firm. Keep your fingers crossed that they can get our contract back for us too!

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

Wait - is this the Santa at Tyson's Corner?

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

so confused, what the heck are you talking about? I went to look through your threads and I don't see anything about this.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christine
      so confused, what the heck are you talking about? I went to look through your threads and I don't see anything about this.
      Lol thank god I thought I was losing what little mind I have left lol

Btw how cute is the little one now lol

#5 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
      • Banned
      • 242 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by becks
        Wait - is this the Santa at Tyson's Corner?
        Yes!!! Eeek! I am so excited! I left a comment on one of the press pages and sent a report the "rest of the story". The whole thing was really scummy and underhanded.

We are so happy he has his contract back for this year, but what about next year? What about the rest of our staff? They didn't offer to help us out and they told us far too late.

#6 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

For those of you who are confused you can go here to see the backstory on Santa:

Tysons Corner Santa Let Go After 18 Years|ABC 7 News

'Tis a Reason to Be Jolly: Mall Rehires Santa - washingtonpost.com

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#7 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
        • Banned
        • 242 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

We just heard back from the lawyer. She told us to contact a lawyer locally, and the only reason she did it for him (pro-bono) is that it was such an easy win since he would easily be seen as a "public hero".

She also said that since our name wasn't actually mentioned in the articles that we don't have much recourse from the press received.

:-(

FI & I will be discussing today whether or not to talk to a local lawyer. We need to re-look over our contract. It's funny that we saved the company last year and a new location and this is the thanks we got!

I just sent a response to the local AP Press. We'll see if they cover the rest of the story, that could help us out a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users