Photo

Paperwork gone & 3 months left.

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 chicklet

chicklet
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

All you January 2009 Jamaica brides getting excited yet? What does everyone have left to do?
    I just sent my notorized documents to jamaica today via registered mail. Its starting to feel real. Now on to the dress....exciting!!!

#2 jen&tyler

jen&tyler
    • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

I would have sent my notorized documents except I got home yesterday with all of the documents and realized I had our passports and drivers license signed! Not our Birth certificates! ahhh....... I've been very forgettful lately!! Anyways now I have to go back there like an idiot and get the birth certificates notorized. Are you sending yours priority or just registered mail? I can't believe how fast it is coming. 11 weeks!

#3 chicklet

chicklet
      • 718 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Meh, just a small blunder..no biggie.
        The post office seemed to think they would be there in time if I sent them just registered so that's what I did.

#4 christenew

christenew
        • 325 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

I have an appointment to get my stuff notarized on Friday and then I will send it out. I am getting excited and nervous. I am not nervous for the marriage just the wedding. I am worried about my level excitement as the days count down. I feel like there is stuff to do, but none of the big things which is good. I am glad to hear I am not the only one having a little anxiety.

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

I am thinking of getting married in Jamaica and I have read that you girls have got you paperwork notarized. Is this done by your lawyer? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. I am fairly new to this site and I am trying to read everything but it takes a while. All you need is your passport, birthcertificate, and in my case divorce decree. Is there anything else that is needed

Thanks so much
            Chris
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 christenew

christenew
            • 325 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:53 AM

Yes I am getting mine done by our lawyer.

#7 jen&tyler

jen&tyler
              • 40 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

I got my documents notorized at city hall by a notarary republic.

#8 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

Just double checking on docs its just
                  birth
                  cetificate, passport and in my case divorce decree, is there any other documents that I am missing

Thanks

Chris

#9 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

Yup long copy birth certificate and passport or drivers license (i did passport). It was a fairly painless process and was done in the same day for me :)
                    I'm now anxiously waiting for my dress to arrive (beginning of Nov) and working on my cd for the ceremony. After that I just need to do my hair trial but I may do that in Dec.

#10 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

Ok I am feeling pretty dumb right now. do you have to apply for a long birth certificate I only have the little wallet size.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users