Photo

Father/Daughter Alternatives

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 JamaicaBride2009

JamaicaBride2009
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

I had a hard time with this too. I eventually burned a CD with about 20 different songs on it... everything from "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts to "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon to "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. I let my dad choose the song. He picked "I Loved Her First" by Heartland, which I would not have picked... its really a tearjerker. But when he told me it was a "slam dunk" decision for him... I was so happy I let him choose. And, the song is all the more special as he picked what he wanted :-)
    Jodi

#12 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
    • 227 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

-I like Landslide (the Fleetwood Mac live version)
      -Elton John- Your Song
      -Cats in the Cradle is a great song even though the lyrics are about a son I think they are true to any parent/child relationship.

#13 shanol

shanol
      • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

Bon Jovi - Thank You for Loving Me - I'm sure it's supposed to be a romantic love, but it I think works for father/daughter too

When I got married the first time our son was 1 year old, and my Dad had just passed away, so I danced with the baby - to Shameless by Garth Brooks, again, a romantic love that works for a parent/child relationship

It was a tear-jerker too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users