Photo

Documents required

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MexicoBride1

MexicoBride1
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

I'm being told by the resort (catalonia Riviera Maya/Yucatan Beach) that we need the long version of our Birth certificates in English and Spanish stamped by an Appostille here in Canada before we come to get married in the Mayan Riviera. A friend of mine is also gettign married in the Mayan at one of the Riu's and said she doesnt need these?
    can someone let me know if these are required especially if anyone has been married at the Catalonia Riviera Maya/Yucatan Beach?

Thanks so much!!

#2 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:41 PM

We are getting married in the RM and are required to bring Long versions of our birth certificates. We do not need to have anythng apostled.

FI's BF got married last year in Tulum and they didn't even need the long version - they just had the wallet sized cards and passports.

#3 Carolyn

Carolyn
      • 1,235 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

Okay I was born in Canada and I was told that I need the long version. I had to send it to get authenticated then send it to the Canadian Mexican consulate so they can aprove of it. They added a little paper to the bottom of the long form BC. I still need to get in translated into spanish waiting until I get FI before doing this part. Appostille is only done to an American Birth Cert. (I'm doing that for the FI now) I have all the numbers and address for Canada Authenticators (I think thats how you would call it and the Mexican Consulate at home. I will post it later tonight or pm so I can send you the info. I did have a long form BC but if you need one I have that link on the home computer too. I can forward too later if you need it.

#4 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

I find it amusing that every hotel in RM has a different policy. Makes you wonder if they really need it at all!

#5 Carolyn

Carolyn
          • 1,235 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

Found the address but not the phone # and the link for getting the long form is at home.

authentication address

Official Document Services
            77 Grenville Street
            9th Floor
            Toronto Ontario M5S 1B3
            Canada

Consulate address:

Consulate of Mexico in Toronto
            Commerce Court West
            Attn; Legalization Dept
            199 Bay Street
            Suite 4440
            Toronto Ontario M5L 1E9
            Canada

#6 Carolyn

Carolyn
            • 1,235 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

I think it's funny too so I called the consulate and they told me I needed all of this forms.

#7 MissyR

MissyR
              • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

As I said - Fi's BF got married in MX last year and had no issues etc. and had none of the supposed requirements!

#8 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

I'm still so confused about this! My wc at Iberostar Paraiso Beach told me that we need the long version of our birth certificates and our passports. She said that we didn't need to translate the certificates, which surprised me. Can anyone else staying that the Iberstar confirm this? She's making me paranoid! lol

#9 Vaughan Long

Vaughan Long
                  • 25 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

We do quite a few civil weddings in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and Playa is located in the county of Solidaridad which represents the Riviera Maya. In our county, the only time you need to have your birth certificate apostiled is when you are going to be putting your parents' name on your Mexican wedding certificate. Another note is that although Cancun and Tulum are often linked as part of the Riviera Maya, they are actually in different counties so they may have different requirements regarding the certification of birth certificates. One last thought (and this is purely speculation) it is possible the resorts are being cautious by requiring that birth certificates are apostiled just in case. Hope this helps.

Take care and good luck with your weddings.
                    Vaughan Long

vaughan.long@ajua.biz
                    http://www.ajuaweddings.com
                    http://www.ajuamaya.comAjua Weddings: Planning destination weddings in the Riviera Maya since 2004

#10 MexicoBride1

MexicoBride1
                    • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

Thanks so much you guys! I am waiting for the WC to get back to me about this too. I think that maybe they are being overly cautious and that's why they're asking for it! I'll see what she says and also check with those links to see what they see too! Thanks again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users