Photo

Depo Provera & Pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 KarmaB

KarmaB
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

I used depo after my son was born 6 years ago and I hated it ( a lot of spotting) so I never got another shot. I had a few funny periods after I got off, but it all straightened out. I do know people though who have had a more difficult time trying to conceive after the shot, so I would not get another shot if I were you. Let you body rest. Good luck with your decision.

#12 KarmaB

KarmaB
    • 796 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

I used depo after my son was born 6 years ago and I hated it ( a lot of spotting) so I never got another shot. I had a few funny periods after I got off, but it all straightened out. I do know people though who have had a more difficult time trying to conceive after the shot, so I would not get another shot if I were you. Let you body rest. Good luck with your decision.

#13 MissyR

MissyR
      • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

I am also a Nuvaring convert and love love love it!

#14 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hello. I am in medical sales, by no way your physician but I do know people that have taken up to 2 years to ovulate regularly... and one friend took 3 years to get pregnant after being on DP. Since every body is different, results may vary.
          Because we know that this can be a problem, the best advice I can give you is to talk to your doctor about other contraceptive choices. If you are planning to get pregnant within a year, you have several options including natural family planning. When you go to your well women's exam, ask your doctor what is best for you!

#15 zoeysmom1204

zoeysmom1204
          • 218 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

I was on depo for 5 years and after my last shot it took me six weeks to get a cycle and in three months it was back to a regular 28 days cycle.. every one's body is different, but if you want to start trying i would not get your next shot, but talk to your doctor.. there is all kinds of information online that anyone can write... it all depends what your period was like prior to depo and what your body did before.

#16 JBinjour

JBinjour
            • 107 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

I have my doc appointment next month. I will weight my options with her. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion in this situation. I also wanted to educate myself. I may not be the only person on this board with this question/fear.
              Prior to the shot, my menstruation cycle was like clockwork (before, during, and after).

I want to say thank you again! =)
              "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

http://ticker.7910.o....JpZWQgZm9y.gif
              http://tickers.Ticke....7aa9/event.png
              http://da.daisypath.com/FBj8m4/.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users