Sign in to follow this  
FutureMrsLewis

Fi has big feet, and we all know what that means...

It's impossible to find a shoe that fits!!! FI wears a size 18EEEE shoe, and he wore a tux last year for my sister's wedding with a pair of black sneakers. NOT happening at our wedding! smile27.gif So, I'm sure SOMEONE on this board has found very large dress shoes in the past, any idea where I can look? At this point, I'm thinking FI can just wear khakis and a nice shirt and a pair of sandals, but I can't find any sandals that aren't sporty. I did find some Crocs, but FI would rather chop off his toes than wear Crocs lol

Any ideas?

I looooove shopping missions.

Here is a site I found that looks to carry his size. You could check it out. I browsed and there are some decent sandals that might be appropriate. There is a nice pair of flip flops that would go with khakis but not sure if that is too casual. Also some shoe options! I will keep looking!

Mens Size 18 Shoes - 2 Big Feet .com

my guy wears a 15 so i can relate to your problem! just out of curiosity, where did you find crocs that big? we're the opposite of you guys, tom actually *wants* them, but i think they're pretty hideous LOL. still, i love him enough that i'd totally buy them for him if i found them in his size (not for the wedding tho)!

Some thoughts...

You might try some of the designer's web sites. Johston and Murphy has some nice more casual styles, and timberland carries a gorgeous fisherman's sandal (not the creepy old man kind, but the nice ones).

Personally, I'd get one pair that "would do" and then wait until early March when the sandals start showing up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
my guy wears a 15 so i can relate to your problem! just out of curiosity, where did you find crocs that big? we're the opposite of you guys, tom actually *wants* them, but i think they're pretty hideous LOL. still, i love him enough that i'd totally buy them for him if i found them in his size (not for the wedding tho)!
I found the crocs on 2bigfeet.com, they're under Sandals, and they go up to size 16-17. They come in Black, Chocolate, Khaki, Navy, White and Red, and they're $34.95 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Personally, I'd get one pair that "would do" and then wait until early March when the sandals start showing up again.
My brain is gone, I swear. I didn't even think about summer being over and sandals not being available. THAT'S why I can't find any lol Oh my, if I had a brain I would truly be dangerous lol

But I did find a nice site though, Zappos.com, and there's a LOT of different styles on there. I don't like regular tuxedo shoes, because I think they look like old man shoes, but there are some really nice shoes on that site that would actually work well with a tuxedo and could be worn every day too :) And you can't beat free shipping! cheesy.gif Plus, they offer specialized women's shoes too, and a gorgeous set of pink shoes that I might wear myself smile29.gif

I just thought of something else. If you have a discount/outlet store like TJ Maxx or Marshals near you, they always have an 17 or 18 & up section that you might be able to find something in. I saw some nice size 18 loafers at Nordstrom Rack and that's what made me think of it. :)