Steam Service for my Dress-- RIU

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jennyle0082

• 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

Hi Girls,
    I contacted Daniela at the RIU Palace about steam service for my dress. She told me that they usually send the dresses off site to get this done for $85

Has anyone done this in the past, can I trust them to not ruin my dress and get it back in time for the wedding?!

#2 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

I was wondering about this too!! S**t-I didn't realize they sent them offsite!!! That makes me nervous...but realistically they probabaly do this quite often for brides....right?!?!
      D & K
      October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

I asked Erika and she told me $55. Mine is already pressed and she showed me how to get any out with an iron if it get wrinkled in transport.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#4 jennyle0082

• 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hmm i wonder if they use the same person. Did you already have your dress pressed? Do youthink i have time to do mine?

#5 franeve

• 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

Hi girls! First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!! I see you all just got married.....where did you guys end up steaming your dress? I'm getting married at the end of the month and still need to find someone to do this for me....

#6 Nanner431

• 97 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

I don't want to take the risk so I got it steamed this week before we leave and then I'm going to have my parents hang it in the bathroom to steam it while we are there. It's tafeta so hopefully that will help if it does get wrinkled on the plane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users