#11 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Leigh I am also going out to CA to visit everything, but I could do without it, but I will be out that way and I have spring break so I figured why not get out of the cold weather and head to Napa.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#12 jpkw

jpkw
  • VIP Member
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

I was really happy we did a site visit!!! Both of our parents were not crazy about a wedding in Mexico and so we took TONS of pictures when we were down there. It was great to do the food tasting and meet the coordinator and other vendors too. We are having a big wedding though (~100 people) so I think it was really necessary for us. We got 3 nights free at the hotel and just coordinated it around a vacation (new years).

I highly recommend it, but if you can't make it happen, I wouldn't worry about it b/c you can get all the info you need from this site and over email with your vendors and coordinator.

#13 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:41 PM

I did 2 site visits, the first when we weren't even sure that we were getting married in Cancun and the 2nd a month ago 'cause we needed to solve the religious ceremony issue.. for me both site visits were totally necessary, but as other say, you can go without one if you do your research online.. it's just easier being there and meeting the vendors and stuff..

#14 brandy '08

brandy '08
      • 83 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

I am going for my site visit next month( hopefully i 'm still going, my passport hasn't came yet)...i think it's necessary for me to go b/c i am sooo anal about what i want and like. I am meeting with my wedding cordinator and a few vendors. I am getting married June 2008 but want to get on track with getting things started..
        My daughter Makenzie

#15 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

We are going in June just to check out the possibilities. We were already planning a vacation so this is just something else to do while we're down there. Plus I really want to see the hotels in person. My TA is setting up appointments for us while we are down there in PDC. Very excited!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#16 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

We're not doing one, just winging it. I'm not really that concerned with anything, maybe if I was having 100 people I'd be worried, but otherwise, I'm just gonna go with the flow, I'll make my final decisions when I get there.

And yes, I think the free site visit is if you have a room block.

#17 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:10 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              I will not be doing a site visit at all - so we're totally winging it!
              No worries Ann the location is solid!

We're doing a site visit 2 days before the wedding since it's included. It would be too late to change plans by then if we don't like it, but we've been there before.

Leigh, have you been to Cancun before? It is nice to get a feel for both the city & the wedding location, but not at all necessary with all the online resources out there. If time/money permits you can take a romantic scouting trip, if not your wedding will still be fabulous!

#18 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by starchild
                No worries Ann the location is solid!
                yea, i'm really not worried at all. we've ever told Nicole that we don't want to use the site visit when we're there the week before. at that point, i kind of like it being a surprise!

#19 BayBug

BayBug
                • 852 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:55 PM

I am not doing a site visit. I am going by what I remember when I was there two years ago. I am hoping that everything will look the same. I am not sure how much can change.
                  Angie

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:50 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by akh
                    yea, i'm really not worried at all. we've ever told Nicole that we don't want to use the site visit when we're there the week before. at that point, i kind of like it being a surprise!
                    That would be really cool to have it be a surprise . . . . if you can arrange it I would recommend that you go out that morning to spend the day there. I think once you get there that night you'll have wished you had more time there. (my avatar is Caletas by day) It is truly magical, plus you don't have to worry about your hairstyle being blown away on the boat over, LOL! Either way we are lucky to not have to worry about the location, there's plenty of other bridal worries!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users