Photo

Laser Eye Surgery - anyone's experiences?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#91 Mrsstivers

Mrsstivers
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

I should also say that 8 outta 10 turn out great! I would just be scared to death that I would be one of those two who turned out terribly.
    The Future Mrs. Stivers

#92 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

CARLY!! CONGRATS!!!!

I am so happy for you!

My entire family has gotten lasik and they are loving life. It is so much easier to be active, esp for skiing and windsurfing.

I guess the "paraopt" as she said above is that there are risks to all surgeries, but for well over the majority of people are completely fine and change their lives for the better! I am sure people who have poor eyesight have to weight the risks to decide on lasik but for my active family and friends who have done it, it has been a very freeing experience.

YIPPIE so happy for you!

#93 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Car i'm glad everything went so great. I love my Lasik and i have never regretted getting it done for one second, not even the seconds it took me to write the check to pay it off. lol
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#94 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

Thanks, Erika! I'm super excited about it and only know one person that isn't 100% happy, but she's like 55 and is upset she needs reading glasses when that's part of the deal. And really, I don't mind that I'll need reading glasses in the future b/c the point is that I don't need contacts/glasses daily now!

ETA: Hahahaa, D, I hear that! Luckily I'm doing it thru my pre-tax expense account, so it's coming right out of my paycheck each month and (hopefully) I'll barely miss the money!

#95 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

Congrats Carly! Glad it was a good experience for you. I'm still considering it, but waiting until September/October to see how my finances are.

#96 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mrsstivers
              f you do do it, I wish you the best. But please do it in the US, regardless of what country you are from. US doctors are a bit more modern and up to date on medical techniques. And follow up regularly with an OD, I strongly recommend someone from a private practice.
              This totally made me lol. I know people still joke about Canadians living in Igloos, etc. but our doctors are just fine thank you very much. In fact, Canadian doctors and nurses are recruited to the US all the time.

I am 4 years post surgery and everything is perfect. I'll take reading glasses in 10 years over my legally blind status before the surgery anyday.

#97 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

Canadians don't live in igloos?! Where the hell have I been? You all still get around via sled dogs though right?

So glad everything went well Carly. I know you debated forever and I'm absolutely thrilled you are so happy! I'm pretty amazed what modern technology can do! Sooo woooohoooo to being able to see!
                Happily married since 2008

#98 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

Carly, so happy to hear everythign went well! That's great!!

#99 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by *Rachel*
                    Canadians don't live in igloos?! Where the hell have I been? You all still get around via sled dogs though right?
                    i just spit my water out. hysterical!
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#100 Cindy*

Cindy*
                    • 2,655 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                      i just spit my water out. hysterical!

I agree, Rachel, you are too funny. Gotta run, I'm off to feed my sled dogs, gotta get them ready for the trip home, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users