Photo

How far in advance did you book?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 khk112009

khk112009
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

We know where and when we want to get married, Riu Palace Macao for November 10, 2009. So ow far in advance should I book. I have talked to the majority of my guests and only 7 (iclude FI and me) can pay the depoist $250.00 per person. So the rest are asking for November, and some are even asking for the spring. Do I set a deadline and then after that the can make their own arrangements? What would you do?

Thanks for any input ladies, I am sure most you have been there done that before, your expertise is greatly appreciated.

#2 amberdgraham

amberdgraham
    • 39 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by khk112009
      We know where and when we want to get married, Riu Palace Macao for November 10, 2009. So ow far in advance should I book. I have talked to the majority of my guests and only 7 (iclude FI and me) can pay the depoist $250.00 per person. So the rest are asking for November, and some are even asking for the spring. Do I set a deadline and then after that the can make their own arrangements? What would you do?

Thanks for any input ladies, I am sure most you have been there done that before, your expertise is greatly appreciated.
      We are getting married in July and just booked last week. If you are getting packages that include airfare, you can only book 11 months in advance (I think) because that's when the fares are published.

I believe you have plenty of time. Figure out if your resort has an early booking rate (ours was 20% off at the Excellence), and when that rate expires. You can then let your guests know what the timeline is, and also relax yourself!

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

Typically, you can't book until 12 months out. Most resorts don't have pricing available until then. We were ready to book earlier than 12 months, but had to wait for the pricing to be published. We had "early bird" rates from 11 months out until 8 months out. Then, rates went up a bit, so the earlier guests can book, likely the better rates they will able to secure. Same goes for airfare.

#4 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

We booked the RIU Bachata in March 2008 for a January 2009 wedding. Why is it $250 pp to book?? We only paid $150 - but you have to have 10 ppl out of one gateway to get the group rate. Are you dealing with a TA?? Mine works for Vacations Internationale and she has clients all over if you're interested. She actually got me a great price out of Edmonton (that's where FI's BM is flying from). PM me & I'll give her your contact info!

#5 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
          • 198 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

I booked last month (August 200 for a January 2010 wedding. Because it's so far out in advance you might not have the flight schedules yet so you won't know exactly what day you are leaving but my TA confirmed that it will be the Saturday or Sunday. We were asked to put 10 deposits down to reserve the group rate. My TA explained that since it's so far out the rate most likely wouldn't change for another 3-4 months. I would definetly set a deadline (ie: November 200 and explain that anyone who books after that may not get the same price.

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

We booked our rooms 11 months out and airfare 9 months out. We had a problem when we booked the airfare because direct flight werent available for the dates we booked the rooms, so our TA had to talk to the resort to see if they would let us switch arrival and departure dates. Luckily they did but you might want to wait for air to come out before you book the rooms. Have you talked to a TA?

Did you put down a deposit for your wedding? This way your date is saved. We did that first.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 *Lo*

*Lo*
              • 2,993 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

Another question along these lines....so how far away did you book/reserve your wedding date? It sounds like you do that before booking rooms?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users