Photo

Question! Need help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget810

Bridget810
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

Okay, I couldn't figure out which forum to post this in, so I just picked this one. I apologize if it is in the wrong one!! I'm trying to pick a venue, and I finally found one (I think!). I asked for a proposal (so that I'll know how much everything is going to cost), but they said they can't send me one until I put down a deposit. Is this normal? I know absolutely nothing about planning weddings. Also, they have a package deal, and I asked which vendors they used, and they said they can't tell me because it's confidential. Is this normal too? I really want to make sure that, for example, they're using a good photographer. Neither of these thing seem normal to me, but I wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks!!

#2 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

Where are you looking at?
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#3 Bridget810

Bridget810
      • 168 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:59 PM

The Grand Old House in the Grand Caymans. It has fantastic reviews, so maybe I shouldn't be so worried, but I am!

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

they wont give you a quote till you put a deposit down? that doesnt seem right to me. My resort gave me a list of prices for different options so i would at least have an idea of what i wanted, then i put $100 deposit down.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
          • 672 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

I personally wouldn't give anyone any money without a quote/contract in writing. Without this they can bill you whatever they want and keep your deposit...

#6 Bridget810

Bridget810
            • 168 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... It seems ridiculous to put down a $500 down payment on something that has not been put down in writing and signed... But I wasn't sure if that's just the way things "worked" with weddings.. They did send me info on how much certain things costs, but even with that, I still have no idea how much the total will be, especially considering there is all this small writing on the bottom about service and gratuity fees. I just wanted to make sure I was not out of line by asking that they draft up a written proposal first!

#7 rdhbride

rdhbride
              • 313 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

wow, i would definately want more info before giving any money.

#8 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                • 1,083 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

I agree with everyone else!!

I would not put any money down without a contract signed and an explaination of exactly what you are paying for..

Trust your instincts on this one and get more information!

#9 princessina

princessina
                  • 192 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

That does seem funny. I would call and insist that there's no way I can put a deposit down and commit to something that I have no idea of. It's not like a hotel where your bidding on a room to stay, there are many different packages and you need to know which one is best for your occasion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users