Photo

SGOR Music question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 flamingo101

flamingo101
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hi everyone, well it's hard to believe the two of us are eloping to SGOR in Ocho Rios in 55 days!!! Yippee!! I was curious, what song did you walk down the aisle to?? Do they have a decent selection of, traditional wedding songs?? I have no idea what I want to walk to...or do we have to bring our own cd Thank you!!!

#2 flamingo101

flamingo101
    • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:45 AM

sorry for the double post!!!!

#3 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
      • 419 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:27 AM

I totally could not hear the music but I think I used the traditional wedding march. We did our first dance to Me and You by Kenny Chesney. They selection of music is very limited so if you had something in mind you might want to bring your own music. I meant to and totally forgot it at home. It worked out ok though!

#4 margseymour

margseymour
        • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

A Great CD to bring with would be A Day To Remember Vol.1, 2 or 3 by the O'Neill Brothers Music. You can find it at Wedding Songs Wedding Music MP3 Downloads Sheet Music

#5 flamingo101

flamingo101
          • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

Thank you for your responses. It is just the two of us going.. we really don't want a first dance, can we tell the onsite co-ordinator this?? Surely she'd let us skip it.??

#6 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
            • 419 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

I am sure you could. I felt a litlte cheesy doing it at first but at the same time it really was the first chance my husband and I had to talk so i really forgot what was going on around us.

#7 bridget917

bridget917
              • 140 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:07 PM

I can't remember what music they had. We took our own CD down. I would think that you might be able to get a list ahead of time from the wedding coordinator. There were a lot of songs that I recognized on there (pop songs) as well as classical music--that much I do remember!

As far as the first dance, I'm sure they would let you skip it. They are all about making you happy! I didn't really want to do it either (we had 12 guests in attendance but I hate being watched--thus, the small wedding!) but I'm really glad we did!

#8 DelightfulDani

DelightfulDani
                • 99 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

does anyone know if the placement of the music (cd player etc) interferes with the pictures and the look of the wedding?

#9 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
                  • 419 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

It is small little Cd player. Very basic and not gaudy at all. It is really detail you won't even notice. I promise!

#10 flamingo101

flamingo101
                    • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for your replies ladies. It's hard to believe we leave in 39 sleeps! wow! This may sound strange, but my future husband is a musician and we are also considering him playing me down the aisle... but.. I think we both might be a little nervous.. besides, I wants his eyes and full attention on ME! haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users