Jump to content

Photo

Honeymoons for Puerto Vallarta Destination Weddings...?


  • Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#71 LaBre

LaBre
  • Newbie
  • 26 posts

    Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

    I'm sorry to hear about your unpeaceful honeymoon Mel, but really looking forward to seeing your wedding pics! Playa Fiesta would have been my first choice for our wedding, but it's a bit too intimate for my FI's family, who are NOT too friendly with each other. (mom, step-mom etc.) Yeesh!
    LaBre
    23 Nov 09

    #72 Jess

    Jess
    • Sr. Member
    • 4,455 posts

      Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

      ohh I love the teaser Mel - so pretty

      #73 Mel&B

      Mel&B
      • Member
      • 613 posts

        Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

        Jess, clean out your PM's so I can write you back. :)

        Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!

        #74 Andi

        Andi

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 3,490 posts

          Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mel&B
          Yeah, I'm waiting for all of my guests to upload their photos to our photoshare account and then I'm going to make slideshow. I don't have any pro pics yet, except for this teaser, Evrim Icoz Photography - Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington and Destination Wedding and Portrait Photographer
          sorry I am hijacking too!

          Mel your teaser is great! Can't wait to see more...are you just DYING to see pics? we too haven't had really any of our guests share their pics with us yet on photoshare and all we have is a pro teaser!!!! I am going crazy!!!!!!! Just wanted to know how you are getting through the wait!!!!

          ok...sorry for the talk off topic...now,

          #75 Jess

          Jess
          • Sr. Member
          • 4,455 posts

            Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

            oops - cleaned out now :)

            #76 Mel&B

            Mel&B
            • Member
            • 613 posts

              Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Andi
              sorry I am hijacking too!

              Mel your teaser is great! Can't wait to see more...are you just DYING to see pics? we too haven't had really any of our guests share their pics with us yet on photoshare and all we have is a pro teaser!!!! I am going crazy!!!!!!! Just wanted to know how you are getting through the wait!!!!

              ok...sorry for the talk off topic...now,
              Hi Andi,

              We actually have a ton of non-pro pics, well over 1,000, so I'm grateful to my guests. However, I know sifting through them and putting together a slide show will be a lot of work, so I'm waiting until most people upload their pics. Even with all of those non-pro pics, there are barely any of Bryan and I posing together, and there really are none of my and my friends.

              I can't wait to get my pro pics!! I'm making it through the wait because I know my photographer takes the time to go through all of the pics and pick out the very best for his blog. He's so awesome. His pics are really like works of art instead of snapshots. I know it'll be worth the wait! Plus, it's fun having something to look forward to now that the wedding is over!!

              #77 amandalsu

              amandalsu
              • Newbie
              • 122 posts

                Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

                Is anyone familiar with the Four Seasons Punta Mita? We will be staying 7 days at Villa Celeste in Conchas Chinas and thought about heading up to that area for a change of scenery for the honeymoon. I read somewhere it was the top resort in Mexico but you can't believe everything you read.

                By the way, I just got back from PV and the trip was great. Some things were closed or would close early but we got great deals on all the things we did do (like 30% off Vallarta Adventures). We were at a villa so we had a cook for two of the meals and didn't have to worry about finding a place still open for dinner. We enjoyed the lack of crowds and no one got sick (with the exception of several hangovers) from the trip. I had heard the Riu closed 2 of the hotels because of the cancellations. Sorry that messed up your honeymoon some. Hopefully you still found a way to enjoy it. :)

                #78 Jess

                Jess
                • Sr. Member
                • 4,455 posts

                  Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

                  I've heard it is amazing Amanda! We were considering it but I get bored easily and there isn't much around there so I think we will stay closer to town...it is still a possibility though.

                  Oh that villa sounds amazing with the chef - I'm glad you had fun!

                  #79 Andi

                  Andi

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,490 posts

                    Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amandalsu
                    Is anyone familiar with the Four Seasons Punta Mita? We will be staying 7 days at Villa Celeste in Conchas Chinas and thought about heading up to that area for a change of scenery for the honeymoon. I read somewhere it was the top resort in Mexico but you can't believe everything you read.

                    By the way, I just got back from PV and the trip was great. Some things were closed or would close early but we got great deals on all the things we did do (like 30% off Vallarta Adventures). We were at a villa so we had a cook for two of the meals and didn't have to worry about finding a place still open for dinner. We enjoyed the lack of crowds and no one got sick (with the exception of several hangovers) from the trip. I had heard the Riu closed 2 of the hotels because of the cancellations. Sorry that messed up your honeymoon some. Hopefully you still found a way to enjoy it. :)
                    Hi Amanda,

                    We never actually made it to the Four Seasons but when we were on our honeymoon at the Casa Velas there was another couple that we were chatting with at the pool who had taken a day trip to the Four Seasons to check it out. Actually from what they told us they were not impressed with it...yes it was nice but VERY over priced. they shared with us that they had lunch there that was a hambuger they split, fries and 2 drinks...just that cost them $80USD! For me, that would not be worth it! that is just my 2 cents on that

                    Also...I know...again, I am a HUGE SLACKER! I have a Casa Velas review coming tonight with pics! I got too busy to do it last week/weekend...but tonight it is on the agenda!

                    #80 Mel&B

                    Mel&B
                    • Member
                    • 613 posts

                      Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jess
                      I've heard it is amazing Amanda! We were considering it but I get bored easily and there isn't much around there so I think we will stay closer to town...it is still a possibility though.

                      Oh that villa sounds amazing with the chef - I'm glad you had fun!
                      Hi Jess,

                      I'm not sure how long you are staying with your guests at Dreams, but you guys might be exhausted by the time you get to your honeymoon! I was on such a high during the week before my wedding- I barely slept all week. By the time we got to our honeymoon, we desperately needed to relax. :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users