Photo

Dance LEssons? # needed and price?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

Have any of you taken dance lessons? We fell in love over a salsa and I used to live in Mexico so we can both make our way around the floor, but I highly doubt it is proper "salsa/rumba" (but we have lots of fun).

I was thinking (and got him to agree to lessons). We are goign to do our song as a Paso Doble most likely so I am looking for 1 choreograhped song (that won't look learned/staged) and salsa lessons so we can wing it through the night.

I started looking around and am told about 10 lessons needed and it runs $75-100 per less. Is that right?

Does anyone have any suggestions in Orange County? Thanks in advance.

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

we paid about $60 a lesson i think. it's been a few years. maybe it was $45 per lesson for the first set we bought.

we paid $20 for an intro package & $45-$60 for 3 more private lessons. we need to get back to practicing though.

#3 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
      • 668 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:01 AM

Hi there- I teach dancing for a living and $75-$100 per private lesson is an average and reasonable rate for a reputable studio that will teach you what you want to achieve.

Most private lessons will come with a package including group classes that you can attend and maybe a few practice parties. look into that so you can take advantage of it.

it is a big cost, but it is something that you will have forever as a couple.

have fun and feel free to ask me any questions along the way!!

#4 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
        • 672 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure what the range was. I will add it to the ever-growing budget! I like the idea of doing private that includes some group classes...I will look for that. Thanks for the feedback!

#5 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

Glad I could help - did you find anything in your area?

I just started teaching FI our 1st dance recently and I have to say that it has been more fun than I thought it would be!

#6 Bisha

Bisha
            • 265 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

Most studios should offer a wedding package deal. It still winds up being something like $60-$70 per lesson but, you can usually get a discount by buying a package or more than one lesson at a time. I dont really know any studios in Cali since I'm from the East Coast, sorry

I agree that getting "him" to agree to dance lessons is very exciting. I've been dancing and competing for some time now and the only way I was able to get hubby to take a dance lesson with me was for the wedding dance Good luck and keep us posted:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users