Photo

Who performed your symbolic ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TTla

TTla
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:19 AM

For those of you who legally married in the states before or after your wedding, who did you have marry you? I'm looking for a good officiant, but having little luck with research. Any recommendations or warnings? Thanks!

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:53 AM

All the resorts have someone to perform the ceremonies, but besides that, there really arent many options. The only name I have seen around (and this has been asked many times before) is Petra Maurus.
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

We were married by a minister - Jorge Pinto. Our hotel arranged it, but he was fantastic!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 ikupoo

ikupoo
      • 171 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

My mom is religious and she 's been the foundation of my faith, so I'm going to have her perform our ceremony. I think it's more meaningful than a stranger.

#5 TTla

TTla
        • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:35 PM

I was thinking of using my mom as well, for the same reasons. I just didn't know if we could all keep it together and not sniffle and sob through the whole thing. I'd love to find someone else who I trusted, but maybe my expectations are too high?

#6 aeroo

aeroo
          • 153 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

I had one of my close friends to do it. I wasn't keen on the idea at first, but thought about it a lot and changed my mind. It felt so special to have someone close marry us instead of a stranger. If you're worried your mom would cry, just give her your script well ahead of time so she can practice. Because I wrote our ceremony script and had read it a million times, I actually did not cry that much (I thought I would be bawling).

#7 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
            • 451 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

My grandfather is performing our ceremony. I agree with the other posts - its special to have someone you know and love do it. If for some reason he can't, we have a back-up - the guy who introduced us. Either way, it will be great!

#8 Kathie

Kathie
              • 2,654 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

You ladies are speaking of the Destination Wedding right? Who's doing your legal wedding? Here in Massachusetts they have a thing where someone can get a one day Certificate of Solemnization to perform a legal marriage. We're having my FI's brother perform ours.

#9 aeroo

aeroo
                • 153 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:31 AM

We had a marriage commissioner do our legal ceremony. We just had to say 2 lines and sign a few documents. Lasted less than 5 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users