Photo

how much to tip?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Amy715

Amy715
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

Hey! My sister was saying I should tip the wedding coordinator and photographer..how much am I supposed to tip? What is everyone else doing? Thanks!

#2 leigh miller

leigh miller
    • 936 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

please dont pelt me other photographers...

i rarely get tips, nor do i expect them. when i get them i really appreciate it, but i usually find some way to give that amount back to the client in prints or album pages, a gift, etc... the tips i have gotten have ranged from $200-$600. so between 5-10% of the package. i start at $3500 right now. (soon to change though)

i didnt have a WC so i cant tell you what id tip them but i would guess 20%?

#3 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
      • 89 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:37 PM

OH! Good question. I have been wondering that myself!
        Jen

#4 jthrasher

jthrasher
        • Banned
        • 486 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

Leigh, you suppose to say its customary for you to tip your photographer 100% of your package price.

#5 leigh miller

leigh miller
          • 936 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
            Leigh, you suppose to say its customary for you to tip your photographer 100% of your package price.
            i know, i know! sorry. i thought maybe you other photographer would come along and bop me! just relaying my experience.

but hey if you want give that photographer a grand or two - haha!!!

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

I thought I read that tips should be given to say waiters, band members, etc not people that work for their own company. Is that not the case?

#7 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:33 AM

I agree that the people who are working wages should get the tips, but I know that my caterer is charging $20 an hour for the staff, now I don't know any wait staff or bartenders that actually make $20 an hour so she told me that includes the tip cost...which is weird that its included, but hey whatever works right.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 lambert13

lambert13
              • 901 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

Since we are meeting up with our photographer while we are in Cancun to get our CD's and DVD's I was going to suggest that we meet at a restaurant and we pick up the tab for dinner. Since it already seems from the emails back and forth that she is a real easy person to get along with, it might be a fun night.

#9 BayBug

BayBug
                • 852 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

I am guessing that 10% is a generous jester. I am not sure if your vendors really expect a tip. I thought it would be included in the package.
                  Angie

#10 Amy715

Amy715
                  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:24 AM

thanks for the photography tip info! is anyone tipping their wedding coordinator at the resort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users