Sign in to follow this  
TammyB

Meet Baxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Oh he is so cute! So will his eye be ok?
Were hoping so. He has an appointment on Thursday to get neutered and to see how his eye is doing. IMO I do see a slight improvement, I'm just hoping it's good enough that the vet feels it can be saved. I'lll tell you what thought, I'm hoping he says he doesn't need the eye meds as often, getting up every four hours is hard, I feel like we gave birth to a dog.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
You are my hero - as usual!
lol, If I'm your hero, then you really need to find a new one.. I only help these little ones to balance out all the bad things I do.. lol

LOL, given birth to a dog. Oh goodness you crack me up!

Awww, poor Baxter! I don't get the buttons still though. Not sure how medically that would aid the healing, but I am also not a Dr, so there ya go!

My parents boston, Lucy, lost her eye in a fight she got into with my dog Sugar, about 4 years ago. It was one of the scariest traumatic things I have ever witnessed and had to have nightmares about. Lucy's eye was completely knocked out of the socket though (we think Sug caught it with her paw) and apparently eye injuries are extremely common in Bostons. That did NOT make it any easier to forgive Sugar though. Even though, she really is a good dog except her and Lucy hated each other.

Wow, I really went off on my own tangent there. I was just trying to say that I think Baxter will be fine, his eye looks pretty good to me. But even if he were to lose it, he will still be fine. Lucy lived for 3 more years after losing her eye (she was 12 when she passed away), and she was still active and happy and playful up until she got sick.

Our old Boston, Rocky, would bump something with the side of his head and his eye would deflate and look shrunken. The vet would put a dissolvable contact on it that protected his eye while it healed. This happened several times before he died.

awe I saw him on your blog this morning Tammy. I just want to cuddle him and smother him with love.