Photo

Bridal Portrait... How far in advance?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 *Casey*

*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thanks! I still feel a little crazy though... after reading yalls posts.

"I fell like I'm taking crazy pills"

#12 monicaswave

monicaswave
    • 450 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

Don't worry Kacie....it all sounds strange to me too when people haven't heard of it. I also live in the south, TX to be exact and people won't stop bugging me about bridal pictures.

I think they are a great idea because it gives you a chance to play with your hair and make up prior to the big day to make sure you like it. You also get to pick good pictures of you for display. HOWEVER, I am not getting them done cause I am just way too lazy to do this. Thinking of having to get all dressed up gives me a headache. Everywhere I go though people keep asking me when I am going to get them done.

#13 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

Good to know I'm not alone on this one... Thanks!

#14 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
        • 459 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

I had never heard of this until I moved to the South. We did e-pics instead-- that's way more us.

#15 mpajkos

mpajkos
          • 359 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

One of my close friends (who lives in Mississippi) had bridal protraits done. I think she did it a couple months in advance. Not sure though? Do you know how much in advance you do the BD photos?

#16 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
            • 456 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

I, too have never heard of this!!
              ...The things you learn on BDW!!!
              D & K
              October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#17 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

I am not doing it, but I am planning to do the boudoir thing.
                Logically, I would say chose your photographer and work with them to chose the timing. Obviously there are several timing factors so I would ask them... that way you will have what you need in time for the big day!!!

Good luck and can't wait to see some kick a** pictures!

#18 Evan Baines

Evan Baines
                • 50 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

Consult your photographer on turn around times: a given photographer may range from weeks to months depending on their workflow and how busy they are.

Regardless, I recommend at least a month so that in the unlikely event something happens to the dress (IE bride slips), there will be time to remedy the situation.

For what its worth, bridal portraits are an AWESOME time and you and your photographer can go to lengths to make an unbelievable shot you'd never have time to do on the wedding day.

#19 cendcar

cendcar
                  • 163 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:21 AM

Actually, we do this a lot in my family...I thought it was just a Mexican thing...hee hee!

I even totally forgot about that until now! Maybe I will just do it after the wedding. I do not want to add another project to my to-do list.

#20 EricaG

EricaG
                    • 1,915 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:58 AM

I have never heard of this either, although I think that it is very interesting. We do the engagement pics up here but usually they aren't on display at the weddings. We actually didn't even do the engagement pics since $$ was tight for about a year, and now we have the wedding expense, so we are probably skipping them. I did do the BD pics though and I am just waiting to get all those back!!
                      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users