Hair and Makeup

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

As far as I know, it's not necessary to pay for all the BM's hair etc. Some brides like to take care of it as either part of the gift or as a nice gesture. But I definitely don't think it's bad if you don't/can't pay for everyone. That's a pretty big expense...esp w/ a larger bridal party. But it may be a good idea to at least reccomend local salons/stylists if your girls don't already have someone they use regularly.

#12 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

I don't know about getting my make up professionally done. I got my make up done at grad and I looked like a clown. I was VERY upset and had barely any time to take it off and apply new stuff. Ever since then i've been afraid of those make up artists LOL

I am getting my hair done either at the salon or one of my girlfriends (who is a hair dresser) may be there. But it's still unkown because she may have an opportunity to go to a hair show in England! i feel bad for her because she is really torn between the wedding and show

#13 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

any wedding i've been in (about 5 now!) i always paid for my own hair to be done. then again, i've never been a part of a DW. but i would say that by no means are you required to pay for it - but it would be an option to give that as a gift.

#14 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

I know that my girls are all struggling with money so I am not sure what to do. My sister said she can still do mine, but since she will be about 6 months pregnant I don't see how she can do 7 girls in one afternoon, that would take so long, maybe I can have her do half and hire someone for the other half?
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#15 jpkw

jpkw
      • VIP Member
      • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

thanks for starting this thread!!! i have completely overlooked what to do for my BM's hair & make-up. The past few weddings I have been in, the bride DID paid for us to get one done (either hair or make-up). If girls wanted both, they just paid for one. I have to figure this out b/c I don't have enough in my budget to pay for everyone (5 BM total)!!

I plan to have Dreams do my hair & make-up, but it is going to be really simple - probably just blown out with just the front part tied back. As for make-up, I'm going to get mine done at Sephora or a dept store before I go and buy what they suggest. I'm hoping the stylist from the Dreams spa can recreate it!! Or, I might see if my sister can do it... I'm planning to just share the make-up with the BMs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users