Sign in to follow this  
almost_engaged

Couples - Outside Photographers

In case you are considering one of the Couples resorts (like myself), you should know that they just posted a message on their boards saying that outside photographers are not allowed as of Nov. 1, 2008. I think, they will make exceptions for those that have already contracted with an outside photographer.

Guess I'll be looking for another resort! Sad, because I was looking forward to it!

Couples Resorts Message Board - Jamaica Resorts Reviews - All-Inclusive Resorts: Jamaican

That is sad!

You might want to check to see what the rules are for photographers as guests. My photog was a guest for the week with us and I had a cousin taking pictures as well.

My understanding was that an outside vendor used to have to pay a fee, but nothing was said to anyone in our party.

Ugh! I have been off the boards for the last 2 weeks dealing with massive family issues and saw this on the Couples board today! I contracted in April, I even emailed my WC and the stateside concierge to let them know. Well the deadline to fax the contract is Monday and I just did it but I am franticlly waiting for a reply. They didn't even contact me to let me know. Just a freak chance I saw it today! Total lack of service. It's like they don't tell you anything until it's too late. Same thing with the no private receptions on Fridays, didn't tell me until after I booked. While the resort looks beautiful I would have picked another to have a private dinner, instead of the beach party with everyone else in the resort. I am afraid to even know what else has changed.

I am already having enough stress as FH and I now have to figure out how to pay for the whole wedding unexpectedly in 3 months since my parents backed out last week. I can't take it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_bride View Post
Ugh! I have been off the boards for the last 2 weeks dealing with massive family issues and saw this on the Couples board today! I contracted in April, I even emailed my WC and the stateside concierge to let them know. Well the deadline to fax the contract is Monday and I just did it but I am franticlly waiting for a reply. They didn't even contact me to let me know. Just a freak chance I saw it today! Total lack of service. It's like they don't tell you anything until it's too late. Same thing with the no private receptions on Fridays, didn't tell me until after I booked. While the resort looks beautiful I would have picked another to have a private dinner, instead of the beach party with everyone else in the resort. I am afraid to even know what else has changed.

I am already having enough stress as FH and I now have to figure out how to pay for the whole wedding unexpectedly in 3 months since my parents backed out last week. I can't take it!!!
Sorry to hear that! I hope that they take care of you since you have already booked and have a photographer. I agree that they could have contacted you...