Photo

RMB is Open!!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

The Riu Montego Bay opened today! They were delayed one day due to the airports being closed for Gustav, but the resort opens for guests today. Hopefullly soon we will have pics and reviews.

I feel like the hotel cheerleader, but I know there are other RMB brides that would like to know.

JamaicaTripper Travel News: Riu Montego Bay Opens
    Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
    http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#2 Trice

Trice
    • 295 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

That's great! Can't wait to see pictures. I have a friend leaving Wednesday for a wedding at the ROR on Saturday Sept 5th. I asked her to take pictures of the RMB. If she does I will post them.

#3 Scro

Scro
      • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

I heard that they were open also.... I am super excited!!!

#4 Indigo

Indigo
        • 120 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

Thank you for the post. I am anxiously awaiting photos (especially of the beach area and the gazebo-if RMB has one). On the website, RMB doesn't offer extras (like a DJ) so I sent an email to the coordinator to inquire.

#5 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
          • 402 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

Indigo,

I'd love to hear about any info you get fromthe RMB WC. I haven't written them yet, so I'd love to see it. I did hear from the front desk and ask for a resort map They said they could fax it, but I don't have a fax machine.

#6 Indigo

Indigo
            • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

Lilpaisley,

My communication thus far has been with Diana. She sent me four documents yesterday in regards to questions I had. I have attached them below. I sent an email to the wedding coordinator, Keneika, to request pics of the Gazebo and Beach area in which weddings are held. Diana has asked that I be patient with Keneika because she has taken on additional duties with the new hotel opening.

I was pleased to see that RMB has a dance club and it appears as if they may offer additional services (i.e. DJ services and chair covers with bows, etc). I will confirm with Keneika. I want to check with Keneika also to see if True Colors is the photographer for RMB and if Boulevard Florist is the florist for RMB.

Since the time is quickly approaching I have so many questions. I would like to have everything planned and ready to go at least 1 month before the actual day so I can sit back and enjoy the fun during the wedding.

Attached Files

#7 Trice

Trice
              • 295 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Thanks Indigo for posting this info.

#8 Indigo

Indigo
                • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Okay...just read another article about the RMB opening: Jamaica Gleaner News - Riu Montego Bay a welcome addition - Monday | September 1, 2008

#9 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                  • 402 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

Thanks so much for posting those docs! If you get more info on the flowers and photos, be sure to let us know!

I am check Trip Advisor daily waiting for the first reviews and pics to be posted.

#10 TMclean

TMclean
                    • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

Is the documents present prices. I contact Keneika about a month agao and she quoted me at $12 a chair cover. in this list it says they 4 to 6.
                      http://tickers.Ticke....734e/event.png
                      copy & paste the [img] code right there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users