THANKS for this breakdown! BIG HELP!

#672 candacey

candacey
    • 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 10, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Posted Image Super excited about the manicure sets I ordered from the Dollar Tree!

#673 KimSmi06

KimSmi06
    • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hi all,

I just received my wedding favors and "Mexico Emergency Kit" supplies and I ordered them all through Amazon.com.  I'm a Canadian bride but had some friends in the US that I could ship them to.  I got EmergenC, Advil, Pepto, Shout Wipes, sunscreen, breathmints and I think one more thing but it was very helpful to do some one-stop shopping!  Might be worth it to check it out?

#674 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
      • 195 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

thanks for the hint, will try that also

#675 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
        • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm still thinking about whether or not to do OOT bags but this list is making me really tempted. Great ideas! Quick question: how was it traveling and going through customs with all of that?

#676 normas09

normas09
          • 175 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Wow!! That's a great deal! Good find :)

Originally Posted by MRSPWILSON 

I got my gift bags from Oriental Trading. Something like $12 for 50.

#677 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
            • 195 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

What an awesome price! I am making beach bags put of canvas and they are costing about $5 each, and I have to do all the work!

#678 Tonia Bruyns

Tonia Bruyns
              • 105 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by cdnbanker 

What an awesome price! I am making beach bags put of canvas and they are costing about $5 each, and I have to do all the work!

I was thinking of making my own bags as well!  I'm not sure if I have the time though and how they will turn out lol

MRSPWILSON: I read somewhere that those bags seemed to leak colour when wet stuff (beach towels etc) were put in them and also when washed.. did you have this problem? It's such a great find and wouldn't be a huge deal if they weren't used for long because the cost but I would hate for the colouring to ruin someone's things.. any advice would be great!

#679 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
                • 174 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by futuremrsthomas 

Great list!  My welcome bags will have a "wedding weekend survival kit" that will contain chap stick, aloe, sunblock, hand sanitizer, mints, Advil and tissues.  My mother-in-law is making us some super cute personalized koozies, personal coolers (holds a 6-pack) and nail kits for the ladies.  She is super crafty, so each item will have something to do with our wedding, but "Jamie & Andy" won't be plastered on every item so people can (hopefully) use them again.  Everything is going in beach bags we found at the dollar store.  We are also going to put something from Mexico (authentic candy or a souvenir maybe?) in them after we go shopping on 5th Ave.  I also made brochures on Microsoft Publisher that contains a thank you note, info about the restaurants, tipping procedures, activities on and off the resort and an itinerary for the weekend.  We're just packing everything and bringing it with us.  38 more days!! I can't believe it!

This sounds amazing.

#680 FutureMrsSingh

FutureMrsSingh
                  • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

there are some amazing ideas in here. thanks for sharing, ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users